2 people are viewing this hotel
US$73
Hotels.comUS$80
PricelineUS$86
HurbUS$93
All reviews santa catalina old town city centre large bathroom good size great hotel minute walk stay there again base to explore business hotel double glazing easy walking distance restaurants and shops main shopping quality hotel excellent location stayed nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2022 via mobile

Everything about the hotel was wonderful. It is a very lovely hotel. Rooms are large & well appointed. The staff was great. The breakfast was excellent. The location was great. There was nothing to fault. The price was reasonable. Definitely recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2022 via mobile

We have just returned after a week at the Continental and can highly recommend it. The staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel is impeccably clean. Our room was not enormous but was nicely appointed. The double glazing and blackout curtains helped ensure a good night’s sleep. Although I tend to sneer at British people complaining about the lack of kettles in foreign hotel bedrooms, it is always quite nice to have one, as here. The bathroom was large and housed the wardrobe which was an unusual touch. Breakfast was fine although it would be good to have another drinks dispenser to avoid the queues for coffee. The hotel is quite well situated, an easy walk to the city centre and there are many restaurants nearby, particularly in the Calle de Fábrica. I think the main downside to the Continental is that there is no outside space in which to sit and relax.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2022

I stayed at the Hotel Continental for a week at the end of September 2022. (I had the room with the enclosed balcony above the front door, as shown in the attached picture.)

I thought the hotel was excellent in every way.

The public areas are spacious, elegant and extremely clean and well kept. There are two lifts; reasonable given the number of room served (about 50 I think.) My room was a good size, well furnished and spotless. Likewise the en-suite bathroom. Incidentally, the bath (shower over) is set very low and is easy for the elderly (I am 73) to step into and out from. The room was serviced very thoroughly every day. Many of the rooms have balconies; mine was an enclosed one, though with many opening windows; most of the balconies are completely open. This might be a problem at certain times because of traffic noise form the nearby road junction/traffic lights. The rooms' sliding doors are double glazed though, so the rooms themselves are quiet. The air conditioning system is excellent; fast to respond and powerful.

The breakfast room is large and well laid out; there is much beautiful wood panelling, mirrors and original art work. Both buffet and cooked breakfasts are available. I had only the former and these were, as expected, fine. The cooked version appeared to be good too. Breakfasts do not need to be booked in advance, and are payable either by cash on the day or by charging to the room account. (A few of the local bars and restaurants offer breakfast and in some cases these might be marginally cheaper than the hotel. I did not, however, choose to use them.) It's a trivial point, but the only thing wrong with the breakfast room is the piped music; to be fair this was played very quietly, which was perhaps fortunate! (Memo to management: buy another tape; or switch it off.)

The hotel does not do evening meals.

The staff were all extremely friendly, helpful and professional. This made an important contribution to my enjoyment of my stay here.

Clearly I was very impressed with the hotel and would happily visit again. My feeling is that it is not really a young person's place; certainly not for the stag and hen party brigade; wrong location for them, and wrong ambience. (But nor do you have to be 73 to enjoy it!) When I was there I don't think there were any young families, and while that might be because of the location, it probably reflected mainly the timing of my stay -- that is in school term time.

With those provisos the hotel's location is ideal. It is towards the top (north) of the Santa Catalina district. This is slightly removed from the 'old town' and the main shopping centre, and is probably all the better for it. The centre can be extremely crowded and, at times, noisy. Nevertheless, the hotel is within easy walking distance of these attractions, including the cathedral area and the sea front. Santa Catalina is quite a vibrant area in its own right and there are a great many bars and restaurants -- starting just across the road from the hotel and continuing down to the sea. (Some of the the restaurants are very good indeed. As a general observation, the daytime aspect of many of them does not do justice to the food offering, or the atmosphere in the evening.)

Buses to the shopping area and the station are available in an adjacent street, and on the way back stop right outside the hotel. (A one way system is in operation.) I believe buses to/from the airport are available nearby but I did not use these.

I can thoroughly recommend the Hotel Continental: I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did.

Date of stay: September 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2022 via mobile

This is a reasonably nice hotel close to the center of Palma. The hotel itself is pleasant - indeed fairly elegant. They keep it spotlessly clean. My room was spacious and quite comfortable. It had lovely woodwork and a marble floor (which I find to be cold but others may like). It was on the first floor looking out on a large road that was busy in the day but quiet at night. The noise did not bother me. The location is perhaps not the best - the name of the street (Calle Industria) probably tells you all you need to know. I did not explore the neighborhood. Breakfast was good.

It did not work for my purposes. Specifically, I am on a multi-part journey that includes a week riding my bicycle around Mallorca. To do that I need a place where I can stay at either end and leave a bag while I am riding. Despite contacting the hotel in advance to tell them my plans, I was told when I arrived that I could not leave a bag. That put me in position of having to immediately find another hotel, after a 15 hour plane journey. I spent one of the planned two nights so I could accomplish that then left and will not return.

The woman at the front desk who helped me was very kind and helpful. The lack of accommodation for a simple request (leave one bag) is something I have never encountered at any other hotel in the world. It’s not a small hotel. They have the facility but chose not to provide it.

Likely you don’t have my specific requirement. If your style of accommodation is the type of hotel one would encounter on a package holiday, this hotel should meet your needs.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2022 via mobile

I will be definitely staying at the same hotel, the next time I'll be visiting Palma. The place and the rooms are very elegant and super clean... and the bathrooms are very spacious. I had only breakfast for the duration of my stay, and that was plenty. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled on business