“Beautiful property with most hospitable hostess”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Ixora Place

Ixora Place  (Front Right View)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Ixora Place  (Front Right View)
Paria Room- Double(overall view)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Kim L
“Beautiful property with most hospitable hostess”
Reviewed 17 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Came to Trinidad for the first time during 2018 Carnival with two other girls. Claire and Jerry were perfect hosts. Claire is a fantastic cook and is always willing to help out when needed. We will miss them both and there beautiful home.

Kim

Management Response
18 Feb 2018
Thank you for your kind comments You are now members of the Ixora Global Family! Consider this your home away from home. We enjoyed having you. Please come again
Clare and Gerry
kahenry05
Union
“THE BEST STAY EVER!”
Reviewed 15 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

So..I stayed at the Gumbs' residence for carnival 2016 and had the best bed and breakfast experience ever! No exaggeration. Upon my arrival Clare had roti and several fixings ready for lunch as a welcome meal- Delish! Having stayed at a fair amount of bed and breakfast type places internationally, this place blew my mind with their hospitality. Clare was like the cool mom, not the over protective "watchy" kind but the one encouraging you to have a good time and be safe. They accommodated airport pickup and drop off for a small fee. And other transportation requests, some of which were last minute also at a low rate.
I stayed in the Heliconia room and it was pristine! Clean, plenty windows, large sitting area with windows that open out to Clare's immaculately landscaped backyard. The room had a small fridge and other appliances. The neighborhood was quiet, especially considering it was carnival time. The cost was beyond reasonable. I cannot say enough how much of a sweetheart Clare is, she is a thoughtful, kind, compassionate not to mention insightful person. Her husband is the same but I interacted more with Clare. She was a wealth of information about Trinidad, carnival and many other topics of interest. I definitely plan to stay here again. I won't mention specifics because I would like to think some things she did solely for me, as I am sure she will for you because she tailors your experience while in her home. From POS, the house is a solid 20-25 minutes. I had a private entrance with a key so I never felt I was bothering the couple. I felt I had privacy, due to the size of the home and layout of room. Clare was upfront about pricing on the phone before I arrived and everything stayed the same throughout.
The only drawback, I would not recommend staying here for carnival UNLESS you are driving, or have a driver because taxi-transportation to and from Port of Spain/Arima during carnival time is expensive not to mention time consuming. It is close to public transport and I felt safe enough to take the bus/maxi back to the house one evening. Being a single female traveling alone, safety is important and I felt safe the entire stay.
There was no request that Clare did not accommodate, even doing a french roll in my hair. She is the THE BEST! HANDS DOWN! I recommend this rental 100%. O, the wifi was always working with strong signal.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hospitality
Liked least: traveling from port of spain.
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Afron B
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
“Excellent Hospitality”
Reviewed 11 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Came to Ixora Place for International Panorama and spent 17days and I must say the hospitality from Mrs Gumbs and Mr Gumbs and there daughter Carline was one of kind...Have always been to Trinidad on different events but I can safely say this is the best

Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 18-24
pierredic...
La Plata, Maryland
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 29 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The owners of this property were WONDERFUL. Breakfast varied every morning (extremely good eating), and the coffee is second to none...its that good. The room was very large, and so was the bathroom. The property itself was beautiful, and there was always a nice breeze blowing. The property is also well lit and I felt completely at home. No drops with the wifi connection, and the neighborhood was quiet. Just wonderful people, and a perfect stay...perfect.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
AmPmVacat...
New York City, New York
“Best experience ever! - Clare & Gerry are now our family too!!!”
Reviewed 11 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

From the moment we arrived until the morning of our departure we were treated wonderfully!! Everything was in order, clean, the bed was comfortable.Thanks for so many delightful things. The delicious meals, stewed chicken, out of this world 'shark & hops bread' - yum! the surprise 'sour-sop ice cream' , the huge avocado rings filled with stewed smoked herring and a bowl of cole slaw - yum! All the meals were authenically 'Clare' . We felt at home (for real), when we return to TNT in the near future- this will be our place home away from home.

Gerry & Clare's IXORA's Place is clean, comfortable and inviting w/the lovely gardening of flowers/plants. The space was well air conditioned or we could just enjoy the open natural breeze. Since we had business to also tend to many thanks for the really well layed out map drawings to our destinations.

Thank you both for your genuine hospitality, kindness and people attentiveness!

with fondness,

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing