Sol Costa Atlantis(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$154
US$145
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
H10 Tenerife Playa(Puerto de la Cruz)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$133
  • Pool
Hotel Las Aguilas(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$132
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$169
  • Breakfast included
4Dreams Hotel(Puerto de la Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$51
US$226
US$216
Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas(Puerto de la Cruz)
US$79
  • Pool
Hotel Sun Holidays(Puerto de la Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$49
ValleMar(Puerto de la Cruz)
1,074 results
All reviewsfirst floormount teidesaladevening entertainmentmountain viewhalf boardorchid gardenmobility problemsloro parquebuffet stylesun loungersfood on offerreception staffbreakfast and dinnerlarge balconyplenty of sunbedsfriendly hotel
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Tope means top in Spanish. The hotel is certainly in a high location which gives great views of Teide and the sea. Any half fit person would have no trouble with the two minute climb back to the hotel either by means of the steps, or a road. If that is a problem, a taxi from most parts of town to the hotel only cost EU.3.05.
The breakfast choice is very good. I thought the dinner choice variable but there was always lots to eat. D
rinks prices here very fair and ALL of the staff here continually friendly and helpful.
The sea front is about five minutes walk from the hotel.
Use the local buses to get about. The service is outstanding. get a leaflet from the bus station.
Buy a Bono Bus ticket to save lots of money. They cost EU 15.Buy one between two.
The hotel is good value for money. remember that you cannot conpaire a Spanish 4 star with that of a British one. We will return!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the Mountain view room. Corner rooms are excellent with two balconies and large windows giving stunning views. We had room 206
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Colin B
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Just returned from our second stay at the El Tope and it was just as good if not even better than last year. There is now free wi-fi throughout the hotel, not just reception and they have also added BBC 1 and BBC 2 to the list of available TV channels - so they obvioulsy do listen to any comments made.
Yes, The hotel is very dated in places and certainly not for a very young crowd who want to party all night but there is something very charming about it, even with the chintzy furnishings in the rooms - very homely (albeit I wouldn't want the furniture in my home as I prefer very modern)
We were welcomed back like old friends and felt we had come home.
This year we had a superior room again with mountain view - a high floor as we had reqested and it was definitely worth the extra!
The service is very good - the pool staff bring the sunbed mattresses/umbrellas to you and wipe down the beds for you - great service, always with a smile.
We met some lovely people in the hotel, including quite a few Germans - sitting round the bar at night is very pleasant and a good way to get chatting.
Don't miss the Canarian singers on a Thursday evening - wonderful.
You won't go hungry with the food on offer. Breakfasts were excellent and evening meals good - always something for everyone - I especially love the local soups.
The road down to town has now been completed and planted with trees so you can us that instead of the steps down if you prefer but the steps are slightly quicker - and get you fitter!
Bathrooms in the superior rooms are very modern and the rooms /hotel in general is kept spotless. My only critisism would be the beds in our room this year. I could feel the springs through my mattress and often woke in the night - think it may be time to change them.
Overall the hotel is very good value for money and we would definitley return.

Room Tip: Superior rooms well worth it - mountain view best as yo get more sun
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank yvieLondonUK
Reviewed 12 October 2012

The Hotel itself was very good. the staff excellent. Comfortable, laid back and quiet - suited us down to the ground. Room spacious. In terms of location it is as stated in the description, in an elevated position. Excellent views. However please be aware that it is an arduous walk back uphill to the Hotel from the resort and certainly not be to be tried after an evening out. Taxis are fair and the minimum fare of 3.4 Euros will usually get you home from the main Plaza.

My only complaint would be the food. There are several options in the evening, unfortunately you have to be lucky to get them hot. You can obtain hot pieces of meat and fish from the chef, but then find the chips (very little other potato options) and most other dishes are approaching cold. This applies also to the breakfast.

The resort is nice, we saw little of the 18-30 age group, giving a comfortable feel to the evening walks. Completely different to the South of the Island but in a positive manner. Nice choice of restaurants all fairly priced.

Tried the Lido on a few occasions, recommended for a relaxing day and excellent if you like swimming.

Room Tip: We paid for the upgrade which meant we overlooked the pool. Also had the sun most of the day.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank TonyWestender
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Well, most of the reviews I had read on here before our visit were pretty much true to form. Hotel is in need of a revamp but at the same time is still acceptable. Location is great, there are steps down to the town/beach but also a road so you can take your pick. Room (510) was good – on the plus side the sea views were great, quiet, room very clean, full equipped bathroom (including bath as we had read that there was only a shower) – on the down side, our beds were very uncomfortable, you could feel every spring! Choice of TV was poor, no English speaking ones and the others were on a constant loop advertising the island. No iron/board. You also have to pay €2.50 a day of you want to use the safe.

The food was acceptable but as others have commented on, the hot food was mainly cold. I would say there was a good variety but the quality was average. You would have thought by now that the hotel would have improved on the cold food situation! If you’re a dessert lover then don’t get too excited either, they mainly consisted of mouse, ice cream and melon.

Facilities in general were good but disappointed with the evening entertainment. A man with his keyboard 3 times a week (it was a bit Alan Partridge’ish!!) and then a duo on a Sunday night. As the demographics of the hotel were mainly the older generation they might have enjoyed it but for us it was a bit lame. Evening were spent mostly wandering along the sea front as there was more action down there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank csalmon79
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Have just returned from 10 nights at the El Tope Hotel (28,9,12) This was my second stay at this Hotel the first approx 7-8 years ago when it was a Thomson Gold Hotel . I read that the Hotel was no longer a Gold Hotel because it now takes children but there were no children at all staying there during my stay and neither did there appear to be any facilities for children. I might also add that there were also very few British people either and most residents seemed to be either Spanish or German not that this bothered us as every one was pleasant and friendly. The Hotel was very much as I had remembered it and although I would say the bathrooms have been refurbished I do not think the bedrooms have and would agree with some reviews that they are getting a little tired now, however they were kept perfectly clean and this did not spoil my holiday in any way. I had Emailed for a High Floor room and was given one even being recognised by the receptionist who answered my e mail I was given a room with a sea View which had the sun from early to late morning . this was nice as the balcony was cooler in the evening. because of the elevated position of the Hotel it does have nice views over Peurto. Yes it is a tiring walk back after a day or night out but as other reviewers have said a Taxi is only 3-4 euros so no problem there, Breakfast and Dinner were your std buffet type with a good choice and very good quality. The pool and pool area were never too busy and not once did I see anyone reserving beds with towels and beds were available at any time of the day ,this was helped by the attention of the Lifeguard/pool attendant who looked after you at all times even moving your sun shade for you as the sun moved round during the day. Drinks at both the pool and the bar were reasonably priced and compared well with local bars . Evening entertainment was very low key with just a couple of vocalists to entertain. To sum the hotel up if you are looking for a good, friendly clean and well run hotel then El Tope will fit the bill.

Room Tip: Mountain View rooms have sun from late morning onwards which can be too hot in the afternoon
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple