Hotel El Tope
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Apartamentos Casablanca(Puerto de la Cruz)
  • Pool
Hotel Puerto de la Cruz(Puerto de la Cruz)
  • Pool
Chinyero Apartments(Puerto de la Cruz)
  • Restaurant
Be Live Experience Orotava(Puerto de la Cruz)
  • Restaurant
Apartments Pez Azul(Puerto de la Cruz)
  • Restaurant
Apartamentos Alta(Puerto de la Cruz)
  • Restaurant
Hotel DC Xibana Park(Puerto de la Cruz)
  • Bar/Lounge
Apartamentos RF Bambi(Puerto de la Cruz)
View Hotel
Hotel RF Astoria(Puerto de la Cruz)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfirst floormount teidesaladevening entertainmentmountain viewhalf boardorchid gardenmobility problemsbuffet stylesun loungersreception staffloro parquecorner roomlarge balconyrestaurant stafffriendly hotelrelaxing holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

First of all, the waiters and bar staff are amazing here... and I nearly forgot Ernesto, the lifeguard, who is so lovely.
Dinner is Understaffed during peak hours at dinner.
Food was a little repetitive and I'm not sure going all inc. was a great idea with hindsight.
Our room (104) seemed to have been redecorated recently.. and was great value. Our friends staying in 101 had a more tired room.

Entertainment is low budget and dreadful. There was a female singer on wed 16th Aug who didn't know the words to any of the verses of the English songs she sang. It was pretty funny though.

But having said all that.., the sea front is only a short walk away, there's a good pool and other recreational activities and Overall value for money is good

1  Thank andymcinnes
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This holiday was my first visit to the island and the second visit for my boyfriend. He'd been to the south of the island and was just as excited as I was to visit the north. The town of Puerto de la Cruz was absolutely beautiful. This made us tremendously excited to see our hotel. The reception area was beautiful and the staff were friendly on arrival. We were taken to our room (twin room with balcony) which at first look was exactly as expected.

However, after careful inspection we found multiple issues with our room. To begin with the flush for the toilet was half off the wall, the air conditioning didn't work, the wifi didn't reach down the room, the windows in the balcony didn't have 100% secure fixtures meaning someone could open the balcony windows from the outside. This was then made worse by the fact that the sliding door that lead out into the balcony didn't have a secure latch to close the door. This made me and my boyfriend quite uneasy about leaving our valuable items in our room that we had paid to stay in. We told the hotel staff at reception and they suggested that we pay for the safe in the room for the duration of our stay. This cost us €17.50 for the week. We were then told by reception that they would get an engineer to look at the room. Two days past and not one engineer had come into the room. So we told reception again and finally someone came and managed to get the air conditioning working. Nothing was said about the latches on the windows or doors or even the toilet flush.

Three days into the holiday, me and my boyfriend were enjoying the pool the hotel had. About half an hour into our time in the pool my boyfriends big toe was cut open by a broken tile on the bottom of the pool floor (see photo). After getting a plaster from the life guard (who we struggled to find) we made our way to reception and told them about what had happened. If I hadn't been so forceful about my outrage to the state of their pool they offered us an upgrade to all inclusive but didn't seem bothered about the broken tile.

NB: I would like to make clear that the broke tile is on the shallow end by the stairs leading into the pool! (Making is easy for a child to cut their foot).

The experience we received from this hotel has made us vote to never return. We will happily return to Puerto de la Cruz but to a different hotel.

5  Thank Rebecca J
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel was lovely, rooms were immaculate and very modern. Beds were double, but single mattresses together, so separate duvets. (Not the end of the world)
Loads of sun loungers at the pool so never a struggle to get a bed.
Breakfast was unreal, worth getting up for and never missed a day.
Snack bar was ok, but only ok.
Dinner was very nice on some nights however as the hotel had quite a few German travellers some of the evening meals were more to their taste. But there are some lovely restaurants that are very cheap within a 20 minute walk.
Staff could be happier, but we're very helpful and nice...
I personally won't go back to the north side of Tenerife as the beach was a little stoney/rocky and pretty rough sea.
However if you want a quiet get away and don't plan on moving from the hotel it's a bargain.
It's a ten minute walk to the main strip but that's all downhill, so coming back is obviously all up, and quite steep.
I was genuinely surprised at how nice the hotel was and would definitely stay at that resort again if the beach was nicer and it was a little closer to the water park.

1  Thank Oz D
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Weeks holiday Puerto de la Cruz Tenerife.
We arrived late due to a delay at Gatwick a family of 8 was late so we missed our slot. Not a great start to the holiday. One hour ten minutes or so the the hotel from Tenerife south. We arrived at Gran Hotel El Tope. We was welcomed and shown to our room I was happy with the room lovely and clean and smelt nice they up graded us to a pool and sea view on the 4th floor. As we was late we was told there was something to eat in the restaurant. A salad and cold meats water and bread. Happy days good start then Bed long day.
We stayed half board I really can't complain about the hotel pleasant staff decent pool the food was ok and the bar was reasonably priced I never felt I was being overcharged. The pool snack menu was limited at lunch time. As the people who were all inclusive had a selection we had to choose toasties or pizza so we went into town for lunch no big deal.
The hotel was mostly geared for the German holiday makers even the menu but I didn't mind I love trying new foods.

Puerto de la Cruz
I've been to Tenerife lots of times but this was the first to north. It very quite to the south and cooler its greener and cloudy sometimes but I enjoyed it. I wouldn't go back to Puerto de la Cruz only because it was to quite for me. But would go to the hotel or hire a car to be able to explore over i nice holiday and nice hotel

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

On arrival the reception area is quit big and the bar/evening entertainment seemed to be very quiet. So we arrived at 10:30 and was told that there were a selection of cold food in the dinner area for us - this was salamis, cold potato and cabbage, bread roll and fruit with a bottle of water and a carton of juice. I thought this was a nice touch and never had this before when arriving late .

Then we were taken to our room - oh god !

When I booked this hotel the photos looked beautiful- spacious rooms with lovely balcony lovely rooms what we got was like the working quarters - down in the basement -we didn't book through Thompson's either !!!
The room is so old fashioned - no balcony - just a window, three single beds next to each other, some of the plug sockets were hanging off and broken, the air conditioning wasn't working either. This is really not what I booked or what we expected from the beautiful photos.

I went to the reception and they suggested I came back the following morning - I sat up all night and just cried this was turning out to be a nightmare. Certainly not what I had saved for all year !

The following morning I went to reception and they said there were no rooms available and the room we were in is what we booked (economy) I didn't remember seeing the word economy or pictures of these rooms like this as I would not have booked - and if a room came available tomorrow we could upgrade to €15 per day to have a balcony. Apparently this should have been €25 per day -I told her that the pictures are very different to reality she just shrugged her shoulders!!!!
I wasn't happy at all but I had spent almost 18 hours crying and being stressed I thought I'm here now and I need to make the most of it while I was there.

The breakfast was good with a good selection of cold meat, cereals pancakes, pastries and carrots lol
Lunch was ok fries, burgers, meats, salad , not loads of choice but ok
There were also snacks available all day at the pool bar which were burgers, fries , sausages, and that is pretty much it.

The dinner was ok - pretty much the same every night - not a lot of choice I had salad every day- the amount of food for the size of the hotel was minimal and like most all
Inclusive menu's very repetitive.

Same food every evening

On the advert for the hotel it says free wifi throughout the hotel - this is not the case it only by the pool and reception areas - as soon as you go to your room it looses connection.

The pool is extremely small and uninviting -however there were always plenty of sunbeds - the weather was crap for most of the duration and this was August!!

Sad to say will never go back to this hotel at all I've been to lots and this is definitely the worst no where near a 4 ⭐️ hotel more like a 1 -2 for the rooms we were given

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family