“Disappointing!”

Hotel Puerto Palace
Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Reviewed 13 October 2016

Having stayed at this hotel at least 5 or 6 times over the last 13 years, we had no hesitation in booking this hotel again for our current holiday. Words cannot describe how disappointed we are with our experience. We had to change rooms a day after we arrived as the standard of cleanliness and attention to detail was nowhere near as good as it was when we last stayed here. In addition, the catering has also gone downhill drastically, not catering for all tastes. The food is very greasy with the same cuisine repeated every evening. We were given a bottle of Cava by way of an apology. However this does not make up for the disappointment. We are now going to be going out to dine as the food is no way of a 4 star hotel standard!

Room Tip: Not worth the money!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lynnehargreaves
puertopalace, Director General at Hotel Puerto Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Dear Clients,
First of all, I must kindly ask you to accept my apologies for not having been able to satisfy your expectations and needs. Our client's satisfaction is always our main priority so it is very disappointing for us to know that you did not enjoy your holiday with us.
Of course we take care of the point you have mentioned, for example, The Bufet, your comment help us improve.

(We had to change rooms a day after we arrived as the standard of cleanliness)
according to my information, the day of arrival you requested another room and was given room 321, which you accept, that was the reason for the change and no cleaning, as you Mentioned.

I know you stay in the hotel until next Oct. 21, it will be a pleasure for me to speak with you directly and offer my help on whatever you need.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

We have just come back from a week in Tenerife. Puerto Palace was a pleasure to stay in! The service at reception and in the restaurant was warm and friendly! They have 3 swimming pools including one for kids which my daughter absolutely loved! Not to mention the 2 Jacuzzi's! Would highly recommend to anyone who is visiting Tenerife! Thank you Puerto Palace!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Jatinder P
puertopalace, Director General at Hotel Puerto Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Dear Clients,
First of all, I would like to thank you very much, for having taken the time to inform us about your experience in Hotel Puerto Palace.
Your satisfaction is our main priority so I am very pleased to know that we have satisfied most of your expectations.
I read with great interest your comments about our services and attention of our staff.
We appreciate knowing that you have enjoyed your holidays among us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2016

This hotel is in a fantastic situation, looking over the town of Puerto de la Cruz. The staff are all muti-lingual, and extremely friendly and efficient.
Bar and lunch prices are competive, but stocking up the room mini bar with water is very, very expensive. Buy your own.
The choice of food is wide, but slanted towards the German tastes, as these make up 95% of their clientele. Having said that, the standard of the buffet catering is not up to the standard of the hotel, as they are providing a constant supply of warm food, with the attendant buffet type problems of keeping it fresh and warm. There was a good salad choice every night, and breakfasts were excellent. We will be staying again.

Room Tip: Ask for either a sea view, or a mountain view, which ever you prefer.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mike-l-a-divers
puertopalace, Director General at Hotel Puerto Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear Clients,
I read with great interest your comments about our Bufet services, of course We do take care about the points you have mentioned.

I am glad, knowing that you have enjoyed your holiday.

I hope you visit us in the near future,

Reviewed 31 July 2016

We stayed a week in this hotel. For me it was the first time I had a "sun-vacation", so I didn't quite know what to expect.
We arrived rather late with a bus from the airport. The reception at the hotel was very friendly Overall the hotel staff was very friendly and always available to help or answer any question.
Our room on the third floor overlooked the swimming pool. Clean en large enough for the two of us.
Breakfast and dinner buffet was extensive and good, both with a wide choice for every taste (unfortunately there are always those who can't deal with that).
In the evening there was entertainment in the bar area, but we enjoyed the company of other guests on the terrace outside. The pool area is well kept and taken care of.
The beach is within walking distance, so is the center of the city. If you like walking, even Loro Parque is within reasonable distance.
Very relaxed week of vacation. No reason for any reclamation, I would go again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jamjochems
puertopalace, Director General at Hotel Puerto Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Reviewed 18 July 2016

We decided to have a couple of nights in Puerto de la Cruz during our two weeks holiday to Costa Adeje and booked Hotel Puerto Palace. We were very happy here. The service on reception was second to none and we had a lovely room overlooking the pool. The hotel is centrally located and taxis to the main Plaza Charco are very cheap at 3.15 euros per trip. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor rooms overlooking the pool area are best for views.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CyprusST
puertopalace, Director General at Hotel Puerto Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Dear Clients,
I am glad, knowing that you have enjoyed your holiday.
I hope you visit us in the near future,

David Herrera

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto de la Cruz
1.0 km away
4Dreams Hotel
4Dreams Hotel
#17 of 82 in Puerto de la Cruz
1.3 km away
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Sp...
#1 of 82 in Puerto de la Cruz
0.7 km away
Parque Vacacional Eden
Parque Vacacional Eden
#7 of 82 in Puerto de la Cruz

Been to Hotel Puerto Palace? Share your experiences!