“ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!”

Hotel Puerto Palace
Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Me and my mum visited the Puerto Palace hotel 3 weeks ago. It was an amazing vacation. Although we had to change the room because the first one (no. 219) was above the kitchen. The smell was horrible. Otherwise the room was very nice, clean and comfy. Both rooms were actually very clean, the whole hotel was very clean. I appreciated it a lot.

Food was good as well, I'm very picky but there was plenty of food to choose from. We had half board. You can choose from pizzas, pastas, and different kinds of fishes, also vegetables and fruits always were fresh. The cooks are pros! The meal was very tasty. Except the desserts, I did not like it too much and my mom either.

The garden and swimming pools - we had no words with my mum, that's how much we liked it. Everything was green, the palms were wonderful.

The hotel is only about 2 kms away from Loro Parque. I definitely recommend to visit Loro Parque, it's spectacular. It's amazing to watch all the shows, especially orcas.
The Puerto Palace hotel is about 1 km to the beach. It is fine but coming back to the hotel was a bit tiring because it's on the hill :-D.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
puertopalace, Director General at Hotel Puerto Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear Clients,
First of all, I would like to thank you very much, for having taken the time to inform us about your experience in Hotel Puerto Palace.
Your satisfaction is our main priority so I am very pleased to know that we have satisfied most of your expectations.

I hope you visit us in the near future,

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Hotel ok, restaurant can be but food is too boring, every day almost the same food. If you booked with all day food, you have to pay even for water !!!
Pools are nice, but water is cold.
90% of guests are from Germany.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Piotrul
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Booked for two nights so we could spend two days in Puerto we la Cruz during our two week honeymoon where we were based in Los Cristianos. It's a short walk up the hill but we don't mind the walks and taxis are only around €5 one way to come back if need be. The hotel also provides a shuttle bus service.

Hotel staff couldn't have been more lovely, check in was complicated due to forgetting certain documents but thankfully the gentleman on reception was really kind and helpful and sortrd everything with no problems.

They have a superb happy hour between 4 and 6 with free peanuts and the little outside bar area is lovely to sit in and chill before dinner.

The room and bathroom was clean and spacious, maids come every day and each room has a little balcony and a huge bed!

We didn't use the pool but it's really big and looked like a lot of fun for kids. They also have a little Jacuzzi and plenty of sunbeds.

We did half board which meant we got breakfast. There were plenty of hot and cold options, the scrambled eggs were creamy and delicious! I do wish there had been nutella for the croissants and fresh churros though.

Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wigguru
puertopalace, Director General at Hotel Puerto Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear Clients,
Your satisfaction is our main priority so wew are very pleased to know that we have satisfied most of your expectations.
I read with great interest your comments about our services and attention of our staff.
We are verey happy to know that you have enjoyed your holiday.
I hope you visit us in the near future,

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We visited the hotel in December 2015 and stayed there for 6/7 nights (22nd Dec to 29th Dec). As we were due to arrive at the hotel late, i.e. after 10am, we had requested for them to save some food. The car parking is limited and its a very constrained under ground car park but there is some off-road parking not too far away from the hotel. That night we were really concerned (with the food they saved for us), as to whether it was right choice of hotel for a dream relaxing holiday, as it was a selection of bread, cheese and salad with a bottle of water which awaited us. But the next morning we were happy to be proved wrong. The breakfast was grand and dinner was also lovely with lots of selection of desserts, mains and starters. The location is also convenient as there is a Super store around 5-10 min walk. It was a relaxing holiday, pool and night entertainment was good in the end. Cost us £70 a night half board which worked out to £490 for 7 nights.

Room Tip: The room facing pool was one which we opted
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Rajaram W
puertopalace, Director General at Hotel Puerto Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear Clients,
I hope you can visit us in the near future,

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

At the start of check in i told the reseption lady that i send a request ''to make a little surprise for my wife due to honeymoon '' through booking.com and that they didn't respond to it.Instead of passing the fact of misscomunication and actually do something nice,she started to tell me that they always answer to all request and etc. Eventually we felt like we doing something wrong just for mention our honeymoon.
Several swim pools yet no renting towels,they make you buy them in they store.Suposebly parking in the hotel yet we never goy to park there because no one told us how to get in even when we asked,we've been told to park near by.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Avi S
puertopalace, Director General at Hotel Puerto Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Clients,
First of all, I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to inform us about your experience in Hotel Puerto Palace,
I have read your comments very carefully, let me to answer about the following points you mentioned.
Honeymoon, We never received your request and later you confirmed to the receptionist, that it was a mistake, your request had been for another hotel and not Puerto palace Hotel.
Towels, Towels for use at the pool, in our little shop in our hotel, you have towels for the pool, which can have with a deposit of 10.00 Euros per towel, this amount is returned when return the towels again.
Parking, We have garage in the hotel for our clients, not all customers arrive by car, if you ask at reception for the garage, how they will not inform you where it is located, if it is an additional service for our clients.
Honestly, I do not understand your complaints,