“tres bon Hotel very good hotel”

Hotel Puerto Palace
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Reviewed 31 August 2017

a very good hotel the rooms are very good we had room 347 very quiet as we asked for at the reception the food was good but dont take drinks included at 31 euros per person for the week big rip off 1euro 90 a beer but limited to 2 per meal per person total 53.euros 20 for the 2 of us on the other hand happy hour from 17h00 to 18h00 is great
we arrived at 12h00 hours the receptionist told us that we would have to wait for our room as the room was not ready yet cheek in was at 14h00 as we knew but he did his best and we got our room at 12h30 (sorry I cant remember your name but you where on duty Sunday the 20th /08 ) I would also like to thank Lourdes and her colleges at the bar always a smile and asking if we had a good day and are ok cant understand why the safe you have to pay 17 euros per week and also the television in the room is so small
we will come back

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
puertopalace, Director General at Hotel Puerto Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Clients,
First of all, I would like to thank you very much, for having taken the time to inform us about your experience in Hotel Puerto Palace.
I read with great interest your comments about our FrontDesk service,

Kind regards.

David Herrera

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

If youre not white or spanish be prepare that alot of them will be eyeing you. Everytime you enter for breakfast or dinner. (As we had half board). The reason i say its not for young and singles people is because there mostly old white couples or Spanish family on vacation. So alot of time i and my friends had to go out find activities and travel to south of Tenerife (Los Cristinos) to go jet skis and beaches. The towns in North are most white Spanish people and travellers that alway kept looking at us everytime we walk about the town or supermarket.

The rooms are loving and the view is a amusing. The tv has few english channels but not many options. Hotel not from bus station and town so taxis is cheap but there is buses that provide by the hotel to take you there and pick at a centre time. The drinks are cheap and very strong so dont drink too much. And if you black or dark skin the people at the bar are very loving and kind. As for the maids they're disrespectful i must have walk pass a few of them and they stop when they were about to turn and look at me walk pass and they ddnt realise i notice.

Other than that it's really loving and breakfast is better than dinner.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ester K
puertopalace, Director General at Hotel Puerto Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Clients,
I read with great interest your comments , I do not agree at all with what you say about the color of people, we treat all our customers equally, it is the first time we receive a complaint for this reason.
II hope to see you again in our hotel, let me know in advance, I would like to be able to offer you my personal attention during your stay,
Yours sincerely,

david Herrera

Reviewed 24 June 2017

A bit tired in places but generally well maintained. Good pool areas but where did every one go each day? Lots of people at breakfast but pools and communal areas virtually empty! Food only average but we certainly took advantage of excellent 2 for 1 cocktails during the happy hour (they actually contained a decent quantity of alcohol).

I guess some 90% of guests were German and it came as a bit of a shock to find that probably 90% of those smoked. Keeping away from the smokey atmosphere was difficult at times (e-cigarettes were virtually absent).

We spent most of our time in the roof top naturist area, a haven of peace and tranquility with pool, hot tub and plenty of sun loungers. Great views and privacy (key operated entrance).

Apart from the cloudy weather on many days the only real drawback we found on our holiday was owing to the position of the hotel you did have a bit of a walk to reach decent eating places in the town.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
puertopalace, Director General at Hotel Puerto Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear Clients,
First of all, I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to inform us about your experience in Hotel Puerto Palace. Your satisfaction is our main priority so I am very pleased to know that we have satisfied most of your expectations.

Yours sincerely,

david Herrera

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Me and my mum visited the Puerto Palace hotel 3 weeks ago. It was an amazing vacation. Although we had to change the room because the first one (no. 219) was above the kitchen. The smell was horrible. Otherwise the room was very nice, clean and comfy. Both rooms were actually very clean, the whole hotel was very clean. I appreciated it a lot.

Food was good as well, I'm very picky but there was plenty of food to choose from. We had half board. You can choose from pizzas, pastas, and different kinds of fishes, also vegetables and fruits always were fresh. The cooks are pros! The meal was very tasty. Except the desserts, I did not like it too much and my mom either.

The garden and swimming pools - we had no words with my mum, that's how much we liked it. Everything was green, the palms were wonderful.

The hotel is only about 2 kms away from Loro Parque. I definitely recommend to visit Loro Parque, it's spectacular. It's amazing to watch all the shows, especially orcas.
The Puerto Palace hotel is about 1 km to the beach. It is fine but coming back to the hotel was a bit tiring because it's on the hill :-D.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
puertopalace, Director General at Hotel Puerto Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear Clients,

I hope you visit us in the near future,

Yours sincerely
David Herrera

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Hotel ok, restaurant can be but food is too boring, every day almost the same food. If you booked with all day food, you have to pay even for water !!!
Pools are nice, but water is cold.
90% of guests are from Germany.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Piotrul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto de la Cruz
1.4 km away
H10 Tenerife Playa
H10 Tenerife Playa
#8 of 82 in Puerto de la Cruz
1.3 km away
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Sp...
#2 of 82 in Puerto de la Cruz
30 km away
Iberostar Grand Hotel Mencey
Iberostar Grand Hotel Mencey
#1 of 17 in Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Been to Hotel Puerto Palace? Share your experiences!