I was transferred to this hotel after the one I had planned on was closed on arrival without telling me. The fact that I can still write and say it is quite good for the price I paid I think says a lot.
I was room only with a simple apartment room. Cooking is via a two ring stove so limits on the types of meals. Spent a lot of time on the balcony. Basic and comfortable furniture.
The main negative with the room was that whilst it had a sea view it also faced the road and this mean that is was noisy. Whether from revellers going home or the bin men in the early morning.
Would consider if I was visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Teide Mar is located nearby center of La Paz, the most popular residential areas of Puerto de la Cruz with interesting sights, shops, bars and restaurants. Puerto de la Cruz is reachable within walking distance. A beautiful place with a fishing harbor an nice old town centre with colonial buildings- • 4,000 m2 of lush subtropical garden area • In the near of the centre of Puerto de la Cruz • Special senior activities and facilities • Adults friendly Accommodation Teide Mar offers 257 junior suites with a combined bedroom and living room. The junior suites are designed with senior guests in mind, with for example higher beds, long shoe horn and easy opening wardrobes. The hotel also offers store space for scooters and walkers. Room types available: • Junior suite (approx. 36,5 m2 including balcony) with standard view for 2-3 guests • Junior suite (approx. 36,5 m2 including balcony) with pool or garden view for 2-3 guests Room facilities: • Furnished balcony • Single beds (in most junior suites with duvet beddings and reading lamps • Double bed (grand lit) (in a few junior suites) (only upon request) with duvet beddings and reading lamps • Extra bed type: Sofa bed • TV with satellite channels (flat screen 32 inches) (free of charge; Remote control with deposit) • Safe (against charge) • Telephone • Kitchenette • 2 hot plates • Coffee machine (filter – German coffee) • Kettle • Kitchen equipment (basic) • Fridge • Dining place • Bathtub with shower (with small steps for easier access) • WC • Hairdryer Cleaning 5 times per week, change of linen 2 times/week, change of towels 3 times/week. Food & Beverage smartline Teide Mar offers a buffet restaurant and both inside bar and pool bar. Restaurant & bar facilities: • Buffet restaurant • Bar • Pool bar The hotel offers the following meal plans: • Self-Catering • Bed & Breakfast • Half board Breakfast (8 a.m. – 10 a.m.); lunch (1 p.m. -3 p.m.) and dinner (7 p.m. – 9 p.m.) are served in the buffet restaurant. Pool & Beach The hotel provides its guest a 100 m2 large pool, which is heated to approx. 22-24 degrees during November till March. Sun loungers by the poolside and parasols on the grass are available free of charge. The pool is equipped with steps, a ladder and a hand rail for easy access. Guests can additionally can relax in the 4. 000 m2 botanical garden, which lays 500 meters from the hotel or indulge theirself with a massage which is organized by Thomas Cook host (against extra charge). In the west of Puerto de la Cruz you will find the 260 meter long Playa Jardin with black lava sand. Next to the Lago Martianez area you will find an additional beach, "Playa Martianez", also with black lava sand which is typical for this island. Sports, Relaxation & Entertainment smartline Teide Mar has a special senior program, including walking tours, yoga and other activities - arranged by the Thomas Cook host in the hotel (all at an additional charge). Furthermore, guests have the have the choice between the following various activities: • Tennis court (against charge) • Pool table (against charge) • Yoga – organized by the Thomas Cook host (against charge) • Nordic walking tours – organized by the Thomas Cook host (against charge) • Afternoon coffee party in one of the local coffee shops - organized by the Thomas Cook host • Shopping tours - organized by the Thomas Cook host • Singing groups - organized by the Thomas Cook host • Weekly wine degustation – organized by the Thomas Cook host (against charge) • Game room to play cards or bridge* • TV room* • Reading room * *) Please note that the game room for playing cards, the TV room and the reading room is one sole room Internet • Free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel • Stationary computers available (against charge) Additional Information • Please note: Hotel is recommended for 16+ • Reception • Elevators • Mini market • Self-service laundry–against charge • Medical center – across the road • Dog friendly (up to 4kg) – upon request • Parking facilities available in the nearby streets of the hotel – free of charge Contact Teide Mar Calle Acevinos, Urb. La Paz 6 Spain , Tenerife 38400 Puerto de la Cruz ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your smartline Teide Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Teide Mar Apartments Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Smartline Teide Mar Puerto De La Cruz, Tenerife