Stayed here for one week self-catering. Cannot fault the place for tidiness and cleanliness. The staff are very helpful and friendly. We had a ground floor room looking out over the gardens which were magnificent. The gardener is out early each morning (except Sunday) doing his maintenance; watering, collecting leaves, pruning,etc. The rooms are cleaned every day and the replacement bed linen and towels can only be described as pristine.
There appeared to be some maintenance or refurbishment going on while we were there. Parts of the walls in the corridor looked to have been prepared for some re-plastering or painting and some of the skirting boards had been removed. There was also a gentleman visible in some of the rooms touching up some of the paintwork.
The rooms are spacious and well laid out. Everything in the room works.
On the hotel amenities side we didn't use very much as we tended to spend our time walking around the town or on the sea front. There is a restaurant and bar which looked quite good. There is also a pool bar which was well used by those on the loungers. We used the TV which required a 10euro deposit for a remote. We like to watch the news in the morning and evening. Unfortunately, the usual news channels seemed to be the only English channels available since the remainder catered mainly for Spanish or German guests. There is also Wi-Fi which again we didn't used but, I believe, costs 4euros for an access code.
I have one or two very, very, very small gripes. Firstly, our patio door tended to stick on the runners and was quite difficult to open. However, this is nothing a screwdriver and a bit of grease couldn't cure. The electric kettle didn't seem to have an automatic cut-off when boiling so we had to keep a wary eye on it when making a cuppa. Lastly, there was a filter coffee machine in the room which we will never use. I would have much preferred a toaster.
I did see some cockroaches which were quickly dealt with and there were considerably less at the Tiede Mar than some other Canary Island apartments I have stayed at.
All in all this is a lovely place to stay and I would certainly recommend to others and would certainly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Teide Mar is located nearby center of La Paz, the most popular residential areas of Puerto de la Cruz with interesting sights, shops, bars and restaurants. Puerto de la Cruz is reachable within walking distance. A beautiful place with a fishing harbor an nice old town centre with colonial buildings- • 4,000 m2 of lush subtropical garden area • In the near of the centre of Puerto de la Cruz • Special senior activities and facilities • Adults friendly Accommodation Teide Mar offers 257 junior suites with a combined bedroom and living room. The junior suites are designed with senior guests in mind, with for example higher beds, long shoe horn and easy opening wardrobes. The hotel also offers store space for scooters and walkers. Room types available: • Junior suite (approx. 36,5 m2 including balcony) with standard view for 2-3 guests • Junior suite (approx. 36,5 m2 including balcony) with pool or garden view for 2-3 guests Room facilities: • Furnished balcony • Single beds (in most junior suites with duvet beddings and reading lamps • Double bed (grand lit) (in a few junior suites) (only upon request) with duvet beddings and reading lamps • Extra bed type: Sofa bed • TV with satellite channels (flat screen 32 inches) (free of charge; Remote control with deposit) • Safe (against charge) • Telephone • Kitchenette • 2 hot plates • Coffee machine (filter – German coffee) • Kettle • Kitchen equipment (basic) • Fridge • Dining place • Bathtub with shower (with small steps for easier access) • WC • Hairdryer Cleaning 5 times per week, change of linen 2 times/week, change of towels 3 times/week. Food & Beverage smartline Teide Mar offers a buffet restaurant and both inside bar and pool bar. Restaurant & bar facilities: • Buffet restaurant • Bar • Pool bar The hotel offers the following meal plans: • Self-Catering • Bed & Breakfast • Half board Breakfast (8 a.m. – 10 a.m.); lunch (1 p.m. -3 p.m.) and dinner (7 p.m. – 9 p.m.) are served in the buffet restaurant. Pool & Beach The hotel provides its guest a 100 m2 large pool, which is heated to approx. 22-24 degrees during November till March. Sun loungers by the poolside and parasols on the grass are available free of charge. The pool is equipped with steps, a ladder and a hand rail for easy access. Guests can additionally can relax in the 4. 000 m2 botanical garden, which lays 500 meters from the hotel or indulge theirself with a massage which is organized by Thomas Cook host (against extra charge). In the west of Puerto de la Cruz you will find the 260 meter long Playa Jardin with black lava sand. Next to the Lago Martianez area you will find an additional beach, "Playa Martianez", also with black lava sand which is typical for this island. Sports, Relaxation & Entertainment smartline Teide Mar has a special senior program, including walking tours, yoga and other activities - arranged by the Thomas Cook host in the hotel (all at an additional charge). Furthermore, guests have the have the choice between the following various activities: • Tennis court (against charge) • Pool table (against charge) • Yoga – organized by the Thomas Cook host (against charge) • Nordic walking tours – organized by the Thomas Cook host (against charge) • Afternoon coffee party in one of the local coffee shops - organized by the Thomas Cook host • Shopping tours - organized by the Thomas Cook host • Singing groups - organized by the Thomas Cook host • Weekly wine degustation – organized by the Thomas Cook host (against charge) • Game room to play cards or bridge* • TV room* • Reading room * *) Please note that the game room for playing cards, the TV room and the reading room is one sole room Internet • Free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel • Stationary computers available (against charge) Additional Information • Please note: Hotel is recommended for 16+ • Reception • Elevators • Mini market • Self-service laundry–against charge • Medical center – across the road • Dog friendly (up to 4kg) – upon request • Parking facilities available in the nearby streets of the hotel – free of charge Contact Teide Mar Calle Acevinos, Urb. La Paz 6 Spain , Tenerife 38400 Puerto de la Cruz ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your smartline Teide Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Teide Mar Apartments Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Smartline Teide Mar Puerto De La Cruz, Tenerife