All reviewsring hot platenot hesitate to stay here againhour receptionmini kitchensun terrace on the roofroom was largestreet noisecrockery and cutlerymini pizzasea fronta couple of minutes walkfree car parkclean roomscoffee makernice swimming poollight sleeperbath shower
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Arrived late Saturday around 8pm Dec 30th, difficult to find the hotel is the first thing, it is two hotels combined to one Astoria and Bambi and you enter by the Bambi hotel, nothing obvious to help guests arriving.
We check in no trouble and first impressions of the room are good, which I’ll cover in a second.
Quite hot even late December so first thing is the fan is not working, we call reception. It will need to wait until tomorrow, no we say we are boiling can you help, in case it is us. I am on my own the receptionist tells us, I can’t leave she says, eventually after a lot and back and forth she comes up and forgets she had already left reception as she showed us to our room. She gets on a chair and tinkers with the chord in the ceiling fan and it then works.
We unpack and then head to the store for some provisions. When we come back we notice the fridge is not working, red hot, but the freezer compartment had been working, we call reception, get the same response, she comes up eventually, getting like the UK comedy from the 1980s Faulty Towers. It is working she says, oh no it’s not we say, nothing I can do until the morning now....but we have bought provisions, I can put them in the hotel fridge she says, no thanks we say.
I will arrange the maintenance man to come tomorrow since informs us, ok we say, late by this point.
Next morning we wake our to a flooded kitchen and my footwear and suitcase soaking through, quite a lot of water on the floor and the ice fridge freezer compartment had defrosted. Not good start to our holiday. We have to use ALL our clean towels bar one hand towel to mop up all the water.
After the late night we leave the room about 1pm. Conscious the fridge has not been sorted we approach reception and a different receptionist this time. We ask when someone can check the fridge and we had expected someone by now? You have missed him she says, how we ask, we tried all these times and you had do not disturb on the door. Then you could have called us in the room, no do not disturb means no contact. Can you get him now we ask, no he has finished for the day, can you call him, no he is eating at home, what??? It would have been good if they told us do not disturb means no contact and we would have taken it off early in the morning......
I ask for a manager, he is not here she says, can you ask him to call me, yes she says, I am still waiting.
Can we have room cleaned, no you are too late, housekeeping have gone for the day she says, really??? Is there anyone, no they have all gone, really? Nothing in the room, no book or hotel info to tell us any of this and the receptionist the night before knowing we had a late evening should have told us upon check in?
The receptionist is extremely rude, walks off mid conversation to serve other customers and blatantly ignores us. She keeps showing us a diary with times the maintenance checked the room but what does that matter if we were not told the do not disturb detail. Rubbish service and rude beyond belief. She called us loco which we looked up after and means crazy!!!
I ask how I complain, call the Police we are told as there is no Manager, is she out of her mind, complain to the Police or Expedia is what we are told. I ask for a Manager to call me first thing next morning regardless of time, I am still waiting......
I ask for clean towels at least and told no we have missed housekeeping, we explain and explain and explain our towels had to be used to mop up the flooded room. Eventually and I mean eventually she will arrange towels.
The fridge mysteriously was swapped out the next day...not hard is it.
The room itself a lovely size, small kitchenette which is really handy, room very clean and the bathroom I liked, room to leave you stuff out.
The rest, two single beds pushed together, not ideal at all.
The room is the worst from a heat perspective, a crappy 1960s fan that works for 10 minutes and you have to keep pressing a switch which can only be accessed by one person, made the holiday and stay unbearable. I could not imagine this in peak season or before November to be honest and made sleeping a nightmare. I can’t imagine hotels in this climate with no air con these days or at least gone ability to have more than one fan and on permanently as you choose, a cheap trick keep electricity bills down.
The other element is the room is noisy as we faced onto the street. Even if we were to open the balcony doors to air the room we couldn’t as the noise would wake us, loose loose situation.
The housekeeping staff are the noisiest on the planet and from 8am shouting the length of the corridor and clatterng around and dragging furniture, unbearable. My husband who could sleep through a brass band was woken daly speaks volumes. You go on holdiday to relax, do as you please, sleep late, enjoy lazy morning but this was ruined and the choice taken out your hands.
Once we got over the really bad start to the holiday we avoided reception like the plague...
Four days into the holiday we ask for the sheets too be changed, as they had not been until this point and one within the heat shouldn’t need to ask for clean sheets. Right?
We were spending the day in the hotel the day we asked and told yes it would be taken care of by reception. I returned to the room around 1pm this day and surprise the room had not been changed but the room cleaned.
I call reception and she says she will pick up with housekeeping and have it taken care of.
I return to the room again another hour later, 2pm at this point and no change of sheets, I call down again, they changed them she says, no they have not I replied, the sheets are created and there are marks on there. I will take care of it she says.
I call again in an hour and told they were changed, no they were not. I ask for a Manager, ok she says, I am still waiting.
We meet some people on the roof terrace and we get chatting and we both share the same issues with customer service, lack of. I am told the only way to get your sheets changed is you the customer/guest has to strip the bedding yourselves, where are you advised of this? We suffer the sheets and on out 5th night of 7,strip the beds and they are duly changed when we return. Are we supposed to be mind readers and why should we need to go to such lengths to get clean sheets???
Other points, we had no hand soap for 3 days....
The hotel pool is tiny and hardly gets the sun so was a no no. There is a roof terrrace not a lot of people know about and ok but not brilliant, sun blocked out due to buildings so like playing musical chairs with the sun.
Overall not impressed at all, you have to switch lights on everywhere you go in the hotel. The lack of information in the room, called crazy, rude staff, told to call the Police, the noise from housekeeping, noise from street, the lack of air con, the pay as you switch air fan, the heat, no clean sheets etc etc etc. Not for me. Hotel Manager if you do indeed exist god help you.
New Year 2017 YB Astoria Tenerife.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Evievi123139
Aixa M, E-commerce Manager at Hotel RF Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Evievi123139,
Thank you for choosing Hotel RF Astoria. With regret we read we have not been able in your case to comply with our target, of making each of our clients have the best stay with us.
We apologize for inconvecniences caused as well as issues in your room during your stay, I assure you, as far as possible, we try to do everithing to make your stay a pleasant stay.
We also do all is possible to comply our clients wishes, so if you have “do not disturbe” we wont disturbe, on the other hand regret inconveniences caused due to it.
I think there have been many misunderstandings, due to rooms are cleaned every day, sheets are changed 2 times a week, and although each client have in the room 2 towels per person changed 3 times a week, if an issue happens they will be changed.
Also, think it has been a misundertsading with reception, as you can see in many other comments, usually staff is really well value.
On the other hand and overall we apologize again for issues occurred, and have noted them to avoid this situation in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

An OK hotel, but could be so much better. Good-sized, clean room, with kitchenette (microwave, stove-top and saucepans, coffee maker, teapot but no kettle)
Double bed was two singles pushed together as we have seen elsewhere in the Canaries. One tiny bar of soap, and no shampoo: we had to ask for replacement soap each day of the seven that we stayed, and our room number was written down before it was handed over.
Wi-fi only available in the lobby, chargeable at ten euros for the whole of the week we were there.
Supermarket just round the corner, plenty of shops, good (as well as less-good) bars and restaurants in easy walking distance.
Some people have complained about street noise: we didn’t suffer from this during our week in January.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Aixa M, E-commerce Manager at Hotel RF Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear ChrisBarnett,
Thank you for staying in Hotel RF Astoria and for sharing a brief about your stay with us. We are happy to know room and location was to your liking.
Your comments are really important to us due to help us knowing where to focus our continuous improvements, and have noted them.
We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Here are the pros and cons

Pros:
- convenient location about two blocks from the water front
- large clean rooms with kitchenettes
- fabulous restaurant, Bambi Gourmet, right underneath
- good price

Cons
- no internet, no AC
- can be noisy
- hot water runs out quickly
- need to borrow hair dryers each day
- no towels for the pool
- no bar

Btw, parking is a game every night in the town. Beware

Stayed: December 2017
Aixa M, E-commerce Manager at Hotel RF Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear client,
Thank you for choosing and staying in Hotel RF Astoria. So detail comment is really helpful for other Tripadvisor users, and for us, due to help us where to focus our continue improvements.
Hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently on week long break.Clean hotel with large modern bedrooms; it did appear quiet,being the time of year I suppose.. Staff at reception were very nice and helpful, particularly the lady with the glasses. If you are a light sleeper it may not be the hotel for you though, as it overlooks a relatively busy street where you can hear everyone pass. Once 8am strikes you will hear the cleaners in the corridor, maybe it's the acoustics of the building but everything dropped or knocked against echoes all around.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank james179179
Aixa M, E-commerce Manager at Hotel RF Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear james179179,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay in Hotel RF Astoria. Your impressions are really value to us and other Tripadvisor users; and are happy you have chosen us and to know staff were to your liking.
It has been a pleasure accommodating you and hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We chose this place for a cheap winter break in the sun. It is located on a quiet pedestrianised street only 2 minutes from the busy and attractive sea front area. As an apart-hotel our room was large, with a Juliet balcony overlooking the street and appeared to have been recently redecorated. The whole hotel was very clean and had a large public area and 24-hour reception. In the room a small but adequate kitchen area provided a 2-ring cooker, microwave, fridge and enough crockery and cutlery for 3 people. The toilet had a bath and shower but only provide hand soap. This is not a problem, as all requirements for food and other necessities can be bought from a large supermarket only 2 minutes away. We chose to eat breakfast in the room and lunches when we opted to spend the day on the large sun roof or pool area, both of which are equipped with sun loungers. At other times this pretty town is full of places to eat well and cheaply. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the hotel and in the town.

Stayed: November 2017
Aixa M, E-commerce Manager at Hotel RF Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Dear Ges R,
Thank you for choosing Hotel RF Astoria and for sharing your impressions. We really effort to try each of our clients have the best possible stay, so are please to read so nice comment.
It has been a pleasure accommodating you and hope to welcome you back again in the near future.