All reviewsperfect locationport areacity centrebars and restaurantscarnaval
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The Pelinor is situated in the port area of Santa Cruz de Tenerife on a tree-lined pedestrian thoroughfare. It is reasonably priced and the staff are friendly and helpful. You can get breakfast but there are so many bars and cafes in the area serving early morning food. You would be well-advised to get out and see the town. The market of Nuestra Señora de Africa is worth a visit any morning except Sunday. Actually Sunday might be the best day to head over because there is a massive flea market selling everything you could imagine, from dogs to doughnuts, old stamps to Russian sailor uniforms.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, as far as I know.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We stayed for 7 nights in Santa Cruz/ Hotel Pelinor. Beds were just mattresses placed on wooden frames, very small pillows, no towels changed within a week, poor breakfast, no balcony at my room :( There is a plus for location :)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wizz Tours
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is satisfactory. It can be much better, but for that price it can be said that it is ok. In the center of Santa Cruz. Ratings: location 5, kindness of staff 5, services 4, breakfast 4, cleanliness 4, wifi 2. There are 3 buildings Adonis, Pelinor, Plaza and Capital. They are all in a similar range. The rooms are smaller but functional. There are also bigger apartments. Overall rating from 1 to 5 for the hotel is 3.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2017

We totally loved our spot at Hotel Pelinor for Carnaval 2017. The entire party took place in front, behind, and beside our hotel and we could enjoy the music and fun from our porch as well. The staff was SO SUPER friendly and we had a large room with all the amenities you would need. Yes the elevators and layout was odd, but that just added to the fun.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Positives:

The staff were so very friendly, welcoming and professional in dealing with my complaint about the room being interior, dark and having a view of the ancient lifts.

Negatives:

Where do I start?! The room was dark and dingy; the view and background noise was of the ancient lifts going up and down; the blankets were dirty; the bed didn't seem strong enough to hold a grown adult; the wardrobe was grubby; the bedside lamp was nearby, but you had to get out of the bed to reach the switch. The room had not been properly dusted (in particular, the trellis headboard).

The bathroom was outdated: the toilet flushed gushingly, but took very little waste with it. There was an electrical socket right next to the sink: a splash in the wrong direction and you're in trouble!

The staff were kind enough to move me to another room the day after I arrived (when one became available) and I do appreciate their excellent customer service. Nevertheless, the second room wasn't much better. It had a lot of natural light, but the small window would not close and, therefore a lot of noise from the street came in.

After my initial complaint about the room, I couldn't be bothered to complain about the rest of the issues and spend my two days in Santa Cruz dealing with them.

I will not be returning to Hotel Pelinor.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo