“Great catalan grill restaurant”
Review of Spark

Spark
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Spark is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #638 of 10,483 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$31 - US$61
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: Modern Catalan ember's restaurant located in sunny Barcelona City center. Private saloons available
Reviewed 18 June 2017

The restaurant has only been open for a month but they are doing a great job. I went here to eat with my girlfriend and her parents and we had a great experience.
Excellent service and high quality, tasty yet simple and honest catalan food. The big theme is that it´s a catalan grill restaurant. We shared 4 different starters which were all very good: Escalivada (like a luke warm grilled vegetable compote with a lovely smokey taste), Grilled Aubergine (really astonishing!), tartar of Butifarra (for meat lovers) and a grilled octopus. The waiter recommended us a very nice regional wine which was really good.

We all had a grilled meat course as main. Unfortunately my filet was a little overcooked but after one or two bites the waiter already came up to me asking if I was happy with the way it was cooked and offered proactively to get me a new one. True sign of paying attention to your clients. He apologized twice and my next steak was perfect. All of the others were very happy with their dishes too.

We shared some deserts but especially the crema catalana (which often is uninspiring) blew us all away! And we eat out in this city A LOT

To make up for the overcooked steak they gave all of us coffee on the house, which wasn´t necessary but super considerate.

I can´t recommend this place enough!!!

Reviewed 8 June 2017

This is my first time in Barcelona, and this was by far one of my favorite restaurants here. The staff was extremely accommodating as I had a large group with me, and we had not made a reservation. We were given the option of a group set menu, and each of the dishes was carefully prepared and delicious. The quality of service and food is exceptional for a very reasonable price. I highly recommend this restaurant for delicious Catalan food!

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We went for dinner last night to Spark , and as it is a relatively new restaurant in Barcelona, I felt like I needed to do a review so more people could learn about and enjoy this amazing spot! From the delicious appetizers/starters to the fantastic, generously portioned entrees to the simple yet unique desserts, all I can say is Wow! The Spark Concept is that everything touches the grill/flame, and let me tell you, its incredible! Alberto and Sara not only made us feel welcome but were so good at recommending wines and dishes that our group would enjoy, thank you both for making our dinner the best we've had in all of Barcelona! Their menu has something for everyone and is priced very reasonably.
Try Spark and I guarantee you will love it!
We will be back very soon!
Ps. You must try their grilled pineapple dessert, incredible!

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Celebrating my son's birthday. No complain on service. Excellent. No complain on place. Very good. Just need to improve a bit your dishes... foie... meat --you specialize on this. Need to be the best. Average is not enough. You are on the way. Let me know when you go a step further. We will come back

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Good atmosfhere, very nice food and very reasonable price.
Specially good the "peus de porc a la brassa" and the "entrecot", galtes de porc were so so...the salads and apetizers ordered were very good!
We'll come back!