“Nice discovery ”
Review of Tapeo

Tapeo
Reserve with
Tapeo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #228 of 10,612 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$23 - US$35
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Born / La Ribera
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Just espectacular... we tried several dishes and I choice the one in the picture.
Perhaps one thing to be improve would be the ventilation. Nevertheless I will sure come back and enjoy their proposals...

Write a ReviewReviews (2,708)

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped at Tapeo for lunch based on the reviews we read and bio on Chef Daniel Rueda. Restaurant was fairly empty and we were seated quickly. Daniel Rueda was in the restaurant when we arrived but did not seem interested in engaging with his customers which would have been appreciated. Food was prepared and left the kitchen quickly. Overall satisfactory. We were a party of four (two adults and two children) and spoke Spanish and English fluently - unfortunately our server struggled with both. We enjoyed the ham croquettes, Burrata (very fresh tasting) and beef burger, but the aubergines with honey were underwhelming despite other TripAdvisor reviews. We also tried the eggs with truffle and mushroom with foie gras which was their specialty, (prepared/mixed table side) my husbands favorite! Interesting pina colada dessert was enjoyed by the kids. A decent meal but sadly, forgettable.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Really enjoyed dinner here with my family. I live in the city and they came from abroad to visit and we wanted a tapas dinner but some real good food and not typical tourist dishes. This place was perfect! The service is super friendly and quick. When you have not even finished your last bite they are there already to clean your plate, drinks come in quickly, very good. And the highlight of course the food! Everything is delicious! We tried a ton of dishes, favorite for my were the egg plant and the steak tartare. Only thing I didnt really care for where the bombeta balls. Everthing else was perfect. Nice selection of desserts. Really good place.
Only thing what I wasn´t raving about are the bar chairs, they are comfortable for a bit, but being a bit bigger they aren´t comfortable anymore after half an hour. But still with this I will be back soo for sure.

1  Thank RGMex
Reviewed 21 March 2018

- Definitely be sure to make a reservation; the place started to get packed right after we got there for our 7:30 PM reservation!
- The service was very friendly, but not very organized. Twice, two different waiters tried to bring us dishes that we had already received, and three different waiters asked us if we wanted dessert after our meal.

FOOD:
- Aubergine (eggplant) with honey and lime: WAY TOO SALTY! Also, the menu does not specify that it IS fried! I think it was the coating on the outside that was salty but after eating about half the plate, we couldn't even finish it because the salt was overwhelming (and I really like salty foods!)
- Bombeta de Barceloneta: This was DELICIOUS! Hands down the best thing from this dinner. It is 2 Euros for 1 meat/potato croquette that is the size of a large meatball. The red sauce on top was slightly spicy and delicious.
- Skirt steak with chimuchurri: The texture and thinness of the meat was great, and the chimichurri was tasty too. There was a white, gooey-textured garlic-y aioli (I think) that I could have done without. Overall, the dish was good.
- Sea urchin and prawn Fideua: Delicious! Fideua is kind of like paella, but instead of rice they use thin rice noodles. For the price (18 Euros) I could have done with more seafood in it, but I guess sea urchin is expensive and that's why the dish was expensive. Overall, it had a nice flavor. It also came with the same white, gooey-textured garlic-y aioli that came with the skirt steak. Added a little to a spoonful of the Fideua and it was good! Not too much though, or else the garlic taste overwhelms the dish.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We loved this place so much that we ate here twice in two days!

Some must-haves on the menu: the squid ink fideua, truffles eggs with foie gras and mushrooms, and the Bombeta.

Highly recommend you make a reservation because the restaurant gets packed really quickly around dinner time.

Will come back again!