I was there for a conference and the hotel is well placed in the city centre and in the shopping blocks. Very close to the food places and the vibes of the city at night. The hotel design is retro and even the room key is a key with a heavy key ring to it ie not a key card modern hotels have these days. I left my room key a couple of times and the staff were used to that situation. Staff were very friendly and always there to help.
A couple things worth noting:
1. The hotel is designed for leisure visit as it doesnt have a gym and the pool is for social gathering.
2. I stayed in a room on level 1 and because the hotel is located above a train station, i often heard the noise of train passing by regularly. But i'll get used to it after a while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Avenida Palace is a classic part of Barcelona. It has been recently refurbished and is blessed by its prime location in the city centre. It offers 151 comfortable, recently refurbished rooms that have retained their classic yet functional décor. The rooms are well-appointed and have en-suite bathrooms as well as a digital ISDN line with modem connection. The "Insolit Barcelona" restaurant is open every day. Room service is available. The hotel boasts 7 function rooms for between 25 and 300 people, all of which have an analogue telephone line for computer connections. Audio-visual and technical equipment is available for clients, and there is a hairdressing and massage service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel El Avenida Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Husa Avenida Palace Barcelona
- Avenida Palace Barcelona
- Husa Avenida Palace Hotel Barcelona