Sorry it took me so long to write this review (Feb 2016) but the hotel and staff deserve the praise. The cab ride from the airport showed off the city's beautiful architecture and soon arrived at the hotel. We checked in and were shown through the hotel which has that glamorous art deco feeling combined with modern day facilities. I'd booked a good deal on a junior suite which was a good size, however the room was at the rear and quite dark; great for some but not us. We went down to the front desk and asked to change rooms but was told there were no other rooms available at the moment and asked to come back in the morning - so we did. In the morning we met MONICA one of the manageress's - with a big smile and a few taps on the keyboard, before you could say "what's for breakfast?" (good tasty variety of eats) she'd had our bags taken to a new room - Aaaahhh Let There Be Light - Wonderful..!! she also sent up a bottle of bubbly in the evening, what a classy touch. The hotel is centrally located within easy walking distance to Metro and the attractions of the city - get a travel card from the machine in any station, it has varied language interfaces and cheaper than taxis, It can be used on different forms of transport; we even used it to get to the airport instead of taking a cab. The normal midday checkout could have been an issue as we had a late flight; no problem at Avenida Palace, they looked after the bags while we went out and enjoyed our last day in Barcelona. The hotel had this great evocative smell and when returning from a night out you could smell it on the approach to the entrance - made you feel like you were coming home..!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Avenida Palace is a classic part of Barcelona. It has been recently refurbished and is blessed by its prime location in the city centre. It offers 151 comfortable, recently refurbished rooms that have retained their classic yet functional décor. The rooms are well-appointed and have en-suite bathrooms as well as a digital ISDN line with modem connection. The "Insolit Barcelona" restaurant is open every day. Room service is available. The hotel boasts 7 function rooms for between 25 and 300 people, all of which have an analogue telephone line for computer connections. Audio-visual and technical equipment is available for clients, and there is a hairdressing and massage service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel El Avenida Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Husa Avenida Palace Barcelona
- Avenida Palace Barcelona
- Husa Avenida Palace Hotel Barcelona