I've just checked out, and been left absolutely furious with this place. While I calm down I'll talk about the facilities...
The room is average. If you're hoping for a sleek, modern hotel, this isn't it. My bed was firm but with a dip in the middle where the mattresses joined. The pillows are hard and thick, so I have neck ache. The air conditioning is feeble - it's better than nothing, but not much. The bathroom works but has seen better days, with loose tiles behind the shower, half-removed ceiling panels and so on. Personally I prefer a shower screen to a curtain that wraps itself around my legs while I shower. All in all, it's a bit 1980s. It was "luxury" once...
To their credit, the wifi is good, the room was spotlessly clean and there are coffee/tea facilities in the room. However, the kettle boils over however much water is in it, which came very close to soaking my laptop!
English TV choices are limited to three news channels.
Then we come to the "service". Check in was fast but brusque. Efficient but not friendly at all. These guys should walk round the corner to any of the H10 hotels to see how it's done right. They forgot to leave fresh towels one day, but the room staff were fast and polite, although even though the young lad commented that the lock wasn't working properly they did nothing to fix it.
On day 2 of my stay, I got up to have a shower and there was no water. None. I called reception, and was told that it would be fixed in 45 minutes - this was at 8:30 and I needed to be in the office at 9! No apology, just "it's not working" - yes, I knew that. She offered a complimentary breakfast, I said I didn't have time on the day but would have it another day, which she said was OK. The water was fixed in 45 minutes exactly, again efficient but a bit blunt.
I went to have breakfast this morning, to be told I couldn't have it as it wasn't the day of the water outage! I just walked away, packed and went to check out. The girl on reception was just unbelievably rude. She stood there, arms folded, telling me that the breakfast was offered "while" the water was out, not for any other day. And then argued that it was my misunderstanding that "a" complimentary breakfast didn't mean that. Whatever the rights and wrongs, for a €20 breakfast that maybe costs them €3 they lost a customer forever. Asking "what do you want me to do" with arms folded and a bad attitude was very strange. Try apologising, and realising that a €20 breakfast to keep a €800 customer is a good investment!
I will not be going back. I refuse to be spoken to in the manner they did, for an ageing hotel, and expect to pay handsomely for the privilege. Back to H10 for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Catalonia Plaza Cataluña (previously Catalonia Duques de Bergara) is situated 50 metres from Barcelona’s Plaça Catalunya and is a 2-minute walk from Las Ramblas. It has an outdoor pool and free Wi-FiPlaza Cataluña Hotel is a 5-minute walk from Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter and a 20-minute walk from Barcelona Port. Gaudi’s Casa Batló and La Pedrera can be reached in around 15 minutes by foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Plaza Cataluna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Plaza Cataluna Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Catalonia Duques De Bergara
- Catalonia Duques De Bergara
- Duques De Bergara