“They care money only but not your comfort ”
Review of Nouvel Hotel

Nouvel Hotel
Ranked #211 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel was all a lovely stay at the first moment, staff were friendly and facilities were good. In a old city like Barcelona, a classic hotel like this is a good choice of stay. However, since I extend my stay on my arrival, I needa pay my fee on the third day morning ( I asked if I can do at the point of check-in but they said later) . I wasnt been told anytime before but on the third day morning 0830 by phone call. I already answered that I will do it when I leave to sight seeing later today. However, call come again at 10 say I needa go down and pay now as they are settling bill. It was so embrassing that I need to go down in my Pajamas and pay that fee in Lobby. What an experience. And later on when I back to hotel my room card is not working, mean they just remeber to collect my money so desperately but not updating my card. When I ask reception please renew the card, I been remind twice that I shouldnt keep the card with my phone (which I always seperate card in different pocket). They didnt even realize it is not my fault to have a not workable card. I had enough with this kind of hospitality. I am a frequent traveller and stay in different hotels in every part of the world and it s first time happen to me. I wont come to stay again as it really remarked in my whole travel memory and ruin my whole day.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed 21 September 2017

What a lovely hotel! From the beautiful lobby, to the room with a balcony overlooking the street, to the central location, Hotel Nouvel helped make our stay in Barcelona perfect. I definitely recommend it and can't wait to return!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 September 2017

The Nouvel Hotel is this year celebrating its centenary. May it continue for another 100 years. Its cool, gracious atmosphere makes it a welcome retreat from the crowds and heat of Las Ramblas. It is very conveniently placed in a delightful street, only two minutes walk from the Plaça de Catalunya at the entrance to the Gothic Quarter. We thought breakfast a little expensive so we ate out in the many small bakery cafes nearby. The staff were friendly and helpful - housekeeping was a bit slow (room still not cleaned at 3.30pm each day) but standards were excellent. This is a real piece of Barcelona's history. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Barcelona. The rooms were small but hey you are in Barcelona! It is right off of La Ramblas and there is so much just right outside your door- cafe, gelato, etc. One tip is to stay above floor 2 as the rooms can be dark during the day on the first and second floor. We stayed on the fourth floor.

Room Tip: Stay in a room on above the second floor as the rooms can be dark
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights, booked with BA Avios. Single room. Small and basic but clean and perfectly comfortable. Dark and quiet at night. Hotel is easy walking distance to almost anywhere. For breakfast El Mos across the street had coffee and a croissant for 2 euros. I would also recommend the Taste Barcelona tapas/walking tour - well worth it!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends