“Centrally located, Nicely decorated room.”

BruStar Gotic Hotel
Ranked #244 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2017

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Brustar Gotic. It is in a good and central area. We were able to explore the Gothic Quarter, as well as walk to las Ramblas and Picasso Museum.

We got a private room, which was nicely decorated, and had large, beautiful windows. Hotel has AC and free wifi.

However, the check in process was really strange and inconvenient because we had to walk to Brustar's other location down the street in order to get a hotel employee to check us in because there was no one at the Gotic location. Also, the door knob to our hotel room became loose one day and we were trapped in our room until my husband could fix the door knob.

Overall, we were happy with our stay. Hotel room was clean, cute, and in a great area.

Would recommend!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Gerardo B, Gerente at BruStar Gotic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thank you for your comments, sorry to hear about the door knob but at least it is fixed.
Hope to see you again in Barcelona

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Very very small bathroom that you hardly could wash your face without spilling water on floor.
The bed was awfull. Walls painted awfully.
Do not have lobby.
The pillow as shon in pics were very dirty.
You could hear other people speaking in their room.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2017

This hotel is one of the worst I have stayed and I have stayed in a lot. While it is in a good location, very close to the Metro and other attractions and the cleaning staff is incredibly friendly, it does not offer much else. The pictures on their website come nowhere near accurately reflecting the condition of the hotel. My bathroom floor is falling apart and there is mold growing on the stairs. The "massage showers" do not work but the rainfall shower is great. Great, if you want cold water. For the last two days of my stay, we did not have hot water, nor did we have any information from the hotel about why or when we could expect it. I had to heat water in my kettle to wash my hair. And the wifi is horrendous. Additionally, the hotel is serviced by long distance bus drivers so you can hear people dragging their luggage through the hallway at all hours of the night through the paper thin walls. I have a very high tolerance for hotels and this one caused me nothing but aggravation. I would not stay here again nor would I recommend anyone else to do so. The bed is somewhat comfortable if you don't need hot water, wifi or quiet to sleep.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Kim H
Reviewed 12 October 2016

Stayed for 4 nights. Hotel quite well located - it was about a 7-8 min walk to the top of La Rambla and there is an underground stop at the end of the road. I liked the location as it meant we saw a bit more of the city than if we had stayed closer to the La Rambla area. It took us about 15 mins to get to the Sagrada Famila and another 10 or so to get to Parl Guell.

We took a room with a private bathroom which overlooked the road but didn't find we were disturbed by the noise, although you can hear/feel the underground from inside the building. The room was clean and an OK size - nothing fancy so I would recommend it if you are looking for somewhere to use as a base from which to explore the city, not for a relaxing break where you want to spend much time in the hotel. Bathroom was small but fairly modern and clean so no complaints there.There is no public areas/bar/breakfast so do consider if these are important to you.

Got an email from the hotel before arriving asking for an ETA as the reception is only open until 10pm. Had our flight been on time we would have been there before the it closed but we were delayed - however the hotel had given us instructions on how to enter the building in case we were delayed and arrived after 10pm. Our key was on reception and we were able to fill out the paperwork the next day which was good.

Worth considering for a city break.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights in a double room. There was only 1 small window with a building opposite which made the room quite dark. The showerhead holder had broken and the toilet seat lid would not stay up, small issues but could be easily fixed. No breakfast options but there were plenty of cafes and bars outside the entrancr. Well located for Arc Triumph Station.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple