“There is a rooftop pool fyi ”

Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel
Ranked #259 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

The only annoying thing about the visit is that we didn't know about the rooftop pool until we were leaving for the airport!
If you are wanting a hotel that is in the centre of Barcelona then this is not the one for you.

Staff: the staff were very friendly and helped me arrange a bottle of champagne for my boyfriend prior to our visit for his birthday.

Food: we only had bed and breakfast and the food was very basic

Location: as I mentioned it is not central but is only a 5 minute walk from the tube station which is easy to use and can get you anywhere in Barcelona

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tays-trips23
Write a ReviewReviews (1,449)

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Really can't fault this hotel in the slightest. We visited towards the end of May 2017, staying for 7 nights. We used the pool almost every day and while it was a little chilly when you got in, the views towards the sea were amazing! Breakfast was plentiful and was constantly refreshed.

We used the spa just once, as part of or stay but that was only because the weather was so lovely and we were out and about so much!

Really close to Camp Nou, which is an absolute must see (and I'm not really a football fan), and it's only a 10 minute walk at most the Metro.

Would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We visited Barcelona for our honeymoon and stayed here for 5 nights, the hotel was good and very clean, we used the Spa on 3 occasions and it was lovely and relaxing. The rooftop pool was also really nice, bit cold at first but it was ok once your in the pool. It also very close to the Nou camp and metro station.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We have returned today from a 2 night stay. Gorgeous hotel. Staff extremely helpful and friendly, nothing too much trouble.
Bedrooms are lovely, well equipped with everything you need..large flat screen tv,iron and ironing board included (hidden away in the large wardrobes), we even had 4 complimentary bottles of water waiting in the mini bar.
Bathroom was lovely and had a full size bath with power shower above, bidet, wc and complimentary toiletries.
Set a little out of the City Centre, but just a few mins walk to Camp Nou (highly recommend the Camp Nou Experience & Tour) it's fab! (and I'm not a huge football fan). You can also buy tickets for the Barcelona City Tour Buses at the Hotel Reception. There's a bus stop.just a couple of mins walk (turn left outside the Hotel) jump on the number 54 bus and for around 2-3 Euros you can get into the City Centre.
As a Travel Agent I have booked a fair few customers to the Senator Barcelona Spa, so thought I would give it a go myself, and I was not at all disappointed, I will continue to book this Hotel for my customers..would I return?.. most definitely!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nickie C
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel was good. Rooms were comfortable. The pros were:
1. Comfortable and clean rooms
2. Noise free
3. Proximity to Camp Nou, the football stadium
4. The buffet breakfast is excellent and you should avail that offer if available.
Cons are:
1. They don't supply drinking water. There is a kettle and stuff for making tea and coffee in room but they don't give water. So one has to purchase their own drinking water bottles.

I could not use the spa but am told it is good.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business