US$148
US$139
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$215
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$238/night.

US$204
US$145
Sixtytwo Hotel(Barcelona)
US$201
US$189
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$218/night.

Pol & Grace Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$185
US$147
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

B-Hotel(Barcelona)
US$180
US$168
Priceline
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
US$139
US$120
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

Hotel The Serras(Barcelona)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$442
4,852 results
All reviewsla ramblarooftop poolbasement spatobacco companysuperior roomclassic roompillow menutapassteam roomperfect locationside streetprivate terracestreet noisegothic quarterthe heart of the citysmall balconyvisiting barcelona
Reviewed 17 December 2012

The very best of this Hotel is its architecture and design. All seems luxurious and beautiful, from the hotel lobby until the room we stayed. The hotel staffs were very kind, helpful and spoke perfect English. The room is not too big, but the design is awesome and kind of retro-looking but still high class. They also have extra-ordinary indoor swimming pool at the basement, also beautifully designed. Breakfast was excellent with a lot of variation including Spanish Jamon. And the location is only few steps from La Ramblas and a big supermarket. My only complaint was the knockings at our door at the night when we were tryng to sleep (maybe cleaning service). But overall I think this hotel is the almost perfect hotel in Barcelona.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ii B
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I was a little leary of staying right on Las Ramblas, due to the high tourist factor, but I absolutely loved Hotel 1898. I spent a weekend here after a long week of meetings for work in Europe, and I'm so glad I extended my trip and chose this property.

First, the hotel is beautifully designed. The architecture of the building is lovely and the interiors are equally special. The lobby manages to be vibrant and energetic, yet serene and retreat-like at the same time, which I really was impressed by. The staff is very friendly and eager to help. I was traveling by myself, and they were great in making dinner reservations and providing directions to nearby attractions.

My room was very comfortable and uniquely designed, like the rest of the hotel. I was initially concerned about the noise level being on Las Ramblas, but the room was silent!

I also enjoyed the rooftop bar, which is outifitted with lots of different types of seating arrangements for lounging. One of the nights I was there was a bit chilly, and they provided fresh blankets for snuggling, which I appreciated.

I thought the breakfast was good... but I would reccomend that any traveler head down to Pinoxto in the Boqueria for a much more authentic experience.

I hope to return to Hotel 1898 with my husband very soon!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jao1976
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I stayed at 1898 Hotel in Barcelona during the last week of November, a getaway during our Thanksgiving holiday time in the USA. I have stayed at many European hotels, and I must say this hotel is in my top three. That rating would be based on customer service, space and design of the room, hotel decor, facilities, and location. It met and went above and beyond in all areas. I appreciate fine service, and the people at reception were quite helpful in making my stay easy and enjoyable. They solved some of my travel issues- getting around in the city, postage for mailings I did during my stay, and making sure the room was quiet and at the right temperature for my needs. Thank you so much 1898! I have already told fellow travel friends about this gem of a place and plan on staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: An inner courtyard room is quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank mmramz
Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful stay we had at this hotel for a restful night before our Cruise on Nov 2nd 2012.
I searched far a wide at all the reviews before I selected Hotel 1898.
I wanted to be on the Ramblas so that we could walk to what we wanted to see.
This hotel did not disappoint us in anyway and is one of the nicest rooms and hotels I have ever stayed in.

This is the perfect location. I new it was a bit more cost than some of the others but the option to have swim in either on roof top if open or Pool spa if not won us over.
I booked the least expensive room for 1 night on line with Trip Advisor – via booking dot.com
When we checked in to hotel, we were greeted very warmly, unlike a few reviews I got excellent reception and help from the reception desk.
We were quickly checked in and I might say before check in time about 1pm and then was upgraded from the basic inside room to a suite on the 5th floor.
Let me say am not sure why we were chosen to get this upgrade. The room was out of this world,
We had a huge L shape balcony with one full side over looking the Ramblas, we had our own heated pool.
Yes POOL. The room had setting area separate from sleeping and a beautiful green marble bathroom with lovely amenities, robes and slippers for our trips out to the POOL and deck.

Our co travelers with us also received an upgrade to a Deluxe Balcony room just down from ours over looking the Side street entrance to Hotel.
What can I say, I am not sure why the red carpet was rolled out for our parties. AFTER the upgrades, I did let the hotel know that I would give them an excellent reivew on Trip Advisor.
I will stay here again on any next cruises out of BCN.

I did not eat the breakfast, the price was a bit steep for us, but we did eat in the open Fresh market La Boqueria that is just down the street. We sat at the Kitchen bar seating and with the Locals. We had a wonderful made to order eggs, meat and morning baked pastries items. We watched them Cook, and do the Fresh Squeezed orange Juice for us.
You can’t get more local that this.

We walked to the Picasso Museum just around the corner in the Gothic Area 10 min walk and nice scenic views on the way. Hotel was most helpful on what route to take to get there.
We had Tapas on the way back on side street café that had lovely choices.
We were also just down the street from a Shopping market where we bought Wine, Bourbon and Water to take on the ship with us the next day. Prices were great much like a Wal-Mart feeling, but with Liquor.

Thank you to the hotel management for this lovely stay and the Upgrades given to our group.
The Brown Family

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank phnett1
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Stayed here 6 years ago when it was still a relatively new hotel and was not disappointed then. We decided to stay here again this time as everything we wanted was easily accessible either by walking or bus.

Glad to say it has maintained it's very high standards, the only thing we did not use was the restaurant, it is a bit pricey and we knew of other restaurants within walking distance which were better value. Drinks at the bar are not as expensive as London so worth stopping for a night cap.

We will definitely consider staying here again for our next visit and instead of a taxi from the airport, get the Aerobus from either terminal & it takes you to Placa de Cataluna, you then have a short 5 minute walk down Las Ramblas to the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple