All reviews love hotel bathroom towels on a daily basis quiet area superior room privacy metro
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Honestly, i have never been in a hotel like this. It was completely different. It is really great for the couple and also for the young persons who looking for a great place for one and two-night affair. The location is good and you have access to different places by walking. It is clean but it is not mean it does not have any issue. If you want to have a new experience with some noise at midnight, it is a great place for you!!! I like it and I will be back again. Let try it.

Room tip: My room had a small window that I could open it. It did not have the great view. I liked the room it was clean and good for me!
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Visited for weekend, get a room with blocked shower and where socket doesn't work, they offered me a cable from reception so I could charge my phone, this was my second visit, my first visit was great and I was very happy that I can come back. Shower was terrible water didn't flush so couldn't take a shower longer then 3 minutes to not pour the floor, reported to reception they told me that they fixed it, I didn't expect that for big money I paid for. Loved first time but it was my last visit to Lafransa.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 7 July 2016

It's a hotel where you go with your lover if you want an affair and need maximum discretion. It's a really curious hotel. I've been there for 2 nights, when visiting Barcelona, because it was somehow centric and the best part is that they have free parking.
Everything is made so that you have maximum privacy, from the rooms and hallways and elevators in a very dark theme, to the personnel, that hides you away from other guests so you don't see each other. They even have something to cover up your licence plate in the parking lot :)
As I said, the location is pretty good. You're 3 subway stops from the port and beginning of Rambla. Or it's a 15-20 minutes walk if you prefer.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I visited this hotel for three nights 1st-4th May, ok it appears a bit dodgy and cloak and dagger on first sight but for the price (£140) it was perfect! Rooms are smart, clean and comfortable (more plug sockets needed though). Windows have shutters which don't open much. Very friendly polite staff. I think there are floors for tourists and floors for the other type of activity that goes on here ;-) but we didn't see anything seedy. Perfect base to explore Barcelona!!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2016

First of all, people should be aware that this is a "Love" Hotel. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that when I booked the hotel, but it's my mistake, so I will try to write comments as much objectively as possible.

The hotel it's located in a neighborhood, with many small shops, supermarkets, bus stops and metro stations a few blocks away. You can even take a long walk towards Barcelonetta.

Because of it's nature, the hotel has quite low lighting and it's mainly painted black/dark grey. There is an internal free parking area, which covers all car spaces with curtains. The rooms are quite simple: no cabinets or small fridge. Just a big bed and a Smart Tv. Nothing special at the bathroom also. Everything was clean and everyday we had our beds done and the towels were changed. The personnel at the reception were super friendly and eager to answer any of our questions for the area. Not all of them were speaking English fluently though.

What we didn't like, was the smell of the water in the bathroom. Both the water coming out from the tap or from the shower was smelling strange. I don't know if this is the case in general for Barcelona, but for sure it give the impression of the clean water. Also we couldn't open the small window of the bathroom, which didn't help much with keeping this area with fresh air.

Room tip: There is nothing special to watch from the window. Always it's a good idea to select a room at the end of the floor.
Date of stay: April 2016