See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel knowing it was a love hotel, so no surprise there.
Upon arriving, it felt strange driving into the hotel as it feels like you are driving in the actual lobby. Just drive forward a little bit and someone will come out and show you to your parking space.
The check-in was fairly quick and we were provided with a map of the city and the wifi code.

When we arrived in our room (standard), there was a very loud noise coming from behind the wall, which would not have allowed us to sleep, so we called reception and someone came up. He said he would check with his colleagues so we ordered drinks in the room whilst we waited, but we never heard from him again.
On our way out, we informed Miguel of the noise. He went up to the room to check the noise out and upgraded us to a superior room when we returned to the hotel later on. Thank you Miguel!

I would highly recommend booking a superior room (more modern and better bathroom facilities compared to the standard room). The superior room felt more like a 4 star, not a 2 star.

The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and the bedding was of good quality. Bedding and bathroom towels were changed on a daily basis.

This is a love hotel, so the reception and hallways are dark, the rooms have dim lights, plenty of mirrors (some even move. Buttons are next to the headrest behind the pillows), music that can be controlled from the same unit and plenty of adult channels.

There is a good choice of drinks to order from. These need to be paid for upfront and cannot be added to the room and be paid for at the end. This is a shame.
We ordered tea and coffee one morning which were served in paper cups. Again, this is a shame.

The hotel is in a quiet area and 5 minutes from the metro. There are a few bars, restaurants and food stores next to the hotel.

We will stay again during our next trip to Barcelona. Again, a special thank you to Miguel, and of course, all the staff for making our stay enjoyable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Me and a friend of mine came to town for a festival that was close by to the hotel. The location of the hotel was great, close to metro and town and easy to find. We didn't know that it was a love hotel, I would prefer that info to be more clear in the description of the hotel. The room was alright, but for being a love hotel - I wish the rooms were more soundproof as we could hear our neighbours having sex all night and even snoring. No safe, fridge or warderobe provided. Wifi was a bit weak. For the value and the location, the hotel is good. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Honestly, i have never been in a hotel like this. It was completely different. It is really great for the couple and also for the young persons who looking for a great place for one and two-night affair. The location is good and you have access to different places by walking. It is clean but it is not mean it does not have any issue. If you want to have a new experience with some noise at midnight, it is a great place for you!!! I like it and I will be back again. Let try it.

Room Tip: My room had a small window that I could open it. It did not have the great view. I liked the room it was clean and good for me!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Visited for weekend, get a room with blocked shower and where socket doesn't work, they offered me a cable from reception so I could charge my phone, this was my second visit, my first visit was great and I was very happy that I can come back. Shower was terrible water didn't flush so couldn't take a shower longer then 3 minutes to not pour the floor, reported to reception they told me that they fixed it, I didn't expect that for big money I paid for. Loved first time but it was my last visit to Lafransa.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 7 July 2016

It's a hotel where you go with your lover if you want an affair and need maximum discretion. It's a really curious hotel. I've been there for 2 nights, when visiting Barcelona, because it was somehow centric and the best part is that they have free parking.
Everything is made so that you have maximum privacy, from the rooms and hallways and elevators in a very dark theme, to the personnel, that hides you away from other guests so you don't see each other. They even have something to cover up your licence plate in the parking lot :)
As I said, the location is pretty good. You're 3 subway stops from the port and beginning of Rambla. Or it's a 15-20 minutes walk if you prefer.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends