“Lovely place ”

Ranked #12 of 123 Bakeries in Barcelona
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: Tartela born in 1992 is created with the hope of turning a passion into a profession, and since then, elaborate desserts crafted with professionalism, rigor and care that they deserve these.
Reviewed 4 December 2015 via mobile

Cozy cafe serving delicious cakes and other pastry. Very welcoming and friendly staff. Good value for money - coffee and croissant only 2 euros.

Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

I don't know how you can rate this place terrible - the service is friendly, the coffee is great and the pastries and sandwiches are just amazing - great find on our first morning in Barcelona. Any Australians in search for good coffee come here :-)

1  Thank patsch67
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

A good coffee with a flauta or your choice of cake is a must at this place. They will also you give complimentary mini cakes on your visit. Nice service and food a t a perfect location.100% recommended.

Reviewed 15 March 2015

I have visited Tartela three times, during my last visit I kindly asked them to try to make a better cappucino (in my previous review, I explained that the taste, texture were not there at all). Well, it seems that although they can make delicious cakes, they aren´t able to make good coffees. In addition, the main chef is actually not the most customer oriented person, taking dishes from people when plates are not yet finished, showing that it´s not a children place (I don´t have children but I noticed)...From my side, I believe that he didn´t appreciate my feedback, when serving we didn´t receive the complementary little cake (funny, we started looking at all trays of everyone´s else in the cafe to make sure it was real). So, for coffee, I´m sorry but there are better places. I might still go there to have a hot chocolat and have a nice cake.

1  Thank Loloop
Reviewed 10 February 2015 via mobile

Tartela is a new and spacious café close by the monument las Arenas. The café has a team of young guys serving you at the table however orders must be while looking at the choices of cakes they have. There is no carte on tables but two glass panels that do not let you easily read the food and drink options.
If you are a fan of coffee, then you will find disappointment. I've tasted two cappuccinos (soya and ccow's milk). Both had a nice fluffy cloud but the coffee was tasteless meaning diluted, weak.
As to the cakes, they are tasty and good enough to call you for a stop.
Price-quality is correct.