“What a steak!”

Can Xurrades Gastronomic
Reserve with
Can Xurrades Gastronomic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #690 of 11,041 Restaurants in Barcelona
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Lovely Catalan restaurant specializing in grilled meat. We had the 12 year, 60-day aged Bos Taurus Ibericas rib-eye. Brought to the table rare with a hotplate should you want the meat cooked some more. Maybe a little less salt on the hotplate but it was memorable. And it was a really good value, coming with fries and padron peppers.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Our food experience at Can Xurrades was exceptional. The steak cooked upon a hot stone was absolutely delicious. Having read the info about this type of meat it's important to note it is very low in cholesterol and hormone free- one of the most healthy meats. The grilled vegetables were also worth mentioning and equally enjoyed - artichokes, potatoes, scallions, mushrooms, and zucchini. All in all, we were thrilled with our dinner and would recommend it to a meat lover or even a vegetarian.

1  Thank 3ddesigns
Reviewed 9 April 2017

I never leave bad reviews as I know mistakes can happen and I rather simply not return to the place. But this time I feel we have to warn future guests and hopefully the owner.

I wont talk about the food as we left before it arrived.

The problem was the service and the terrible bad mood of the waiter who attended us.

Arrogant, with no patience and a bad attitude wouldn’t even come closer to our experience. When we suggested he could be nicer he raised his tone of voice and started a confrontation I have never experienced in my life.

We left shocked and ended up in a nice restaurant 10 times cheaper and with a waiter who could smile.

Wont ever come back and would not recommend to my worst enemy.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Prepare yourself to discover traditional Catalan cuisine. This experience will captivate you from starters to desserts, it was like a feast.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Went there with the family to enjoy lots of great food: Trinchat de botifarra-sausage, snails "a la llauna", baby squid croquettes, grilled veggies, chuleton (big steak), and magret de anec (duck breast-French style).
Everything was quite good and we would go back in a heart beat.
About 45 Euros per person.