“Oh my!!!!”

Ranked #8 of 150 Bakeries in Barcelona
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Simply divine! The most tasty pastries and baguettes at reasonable prices. We tried this place out on the last 2 days of our four day visit and I really wish we had discovered it earlier. The stars of the show were the mandarin and berry tarts, delicious olive bread baguettes and the perfect latte. Add to this a friendly and speedy service, makes this place a must visit if in Barcelona. Next time I'm there, I will take an empty suite case to fill with the many varieties of artesian breads!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Everyone has a favorite restaurant or bar, but when it comes to bread it is a blood ritual!! In a city filled with many very, very good bakeries Baluard stands out as one of the Top 2 (IMHO) along with Turris. Both have major devotees of their breads, while Turris probably has an edge in a wider assortment of pastries. But since bread is the staple of life, I would give Baluard the edge because of the vast assortment of breads offered. Be prepared to wait, because regardless of when you get there, if they are open, there will be a line! And, it's worth the wait!

1  Thank Virgil S
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

The bread they made is one of the best in Barcelona. I have taste different kind of bread and all of them are delicious. Particularly I like to buy the sandwich of vegetables with salmon or tuna. I prefer the one with salmon because has avocado.

Everything is good, but I just would like they serve this kind of sandwich (bocadillos) with a Viena bread because is soft.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Best bread I have found in Barcelona. Try the pizza when it comes fresh from the oven. Delish! Nice dining room, but reserved for adjacent hotel guests until after 10:30.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

We visited three times for takeout baked goods to supply our own breakfast at our rental. Excellent selection of breads and superior croissants (by comparison to other shops). They had an excellent looking salads and pizzas but we didn't manage to fit those in.