“Friendly people, good food.”

Restaurante Oliveta
Ranked #1,970 of 10,475 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montjuic
Reviewed 22 September 2016

We visited this restaurant in August and when we came back we rented an apartment next door, which was great for us. Excellent lunch time set menu (E9.50) 3 courses, wine, beer, soft drink, bread, olives and sometimes extra tapa. The menu changes every day, with steak, fish, shell fish and paella regularly featured. The owner, Cesaro is wonderful and his colleagues are also fantastic. We will definitely be visiting this simple, small and great value restaurant again.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

I visited Oliveta in April 2016, after a difficult search for a good tapas bar in Barcelona (yeah, I know!). It was on the recommendation of a Spanish man we stopped in the street. We wanted somewhere unpretentious, used by actual locals and obviously with good food. Well, we hit the jackpot. The owners, a couple called Cesar and Edson (I think!) were lovely and we ended up spending the evening there with them and our new Spanish friend, eating simple, delicious tapas (lamb chops - amazing. Iberico Jamon etc) and generally having a great experience. The other bonus is that opposite, there is another superb tapas place, kind of trendy and high end (i.e: expensive), where you stand at the bar to eat. Anyway, if you've got the funds, worth a visit. Can't remember the name and it's not on Google maps, unfortunately.

So anyway, if you want that local bar experience, with excellent food, I would definitely recommend it, and I'm very fussy!

1  Thank Sam P
Reviewed 4 April 2016

Cesare was so lovely and welcoming and happy to show me through his wide range of tapas and menu options. The gambas and boquerones en vinagre were delicious, as was the generous serving of Jamon Iberico, carved in front of me at the bar. Great value and a really local feel. Many thanks to Edson who runs a small tour desk there and gives great tips on day trips and best live music etc. I was introduced to locals at the bar and made to feel like family, I left with a big smile on my face!

Reviewed 22 September 2015

The service was great and the prices were very reasonable. It has a very local feel to it and the server makes good recommendations

Reviewed 18 June 2015

Oliveta has very good local food at very reasonable prices. The service was good as well. Simple place but all food home made and fresh. We have been there twice. The Calamari frito is made to order and great and only 3.5E