“A lovely evening”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2017

My partner and I ate here on a Wednesday evening having been recommended to go by the concierge at our hotel. We were not disappointed. The service was excellent and the food was lovely. My steak was just as requested (blue) and was very soft. My husband had octopus which again was very nice but rather too much garlic in the risotto.
The waiter was very informative and friendly and was able to explain what comprised of the dishes.
We went at 21.00 and did book although I am not sure this was necessary. It was still quite quiet then and got busier around 21.30.
A lovely evening and food brilliant. We wold go back.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We were at Girona in July 2017 for a week during a conference. While looking for a place to have lunch, realized that it is not easy to find a drop in place in Girona. Especially the good restaurants were already booked even for lunch. This is a city where people love to taste good food and restaurants are in competition to get good ratings. We dropped the idea of getting into any restaurant in top 10 because they require bookings at least one week ago. We were somehow lucky with this place and we could drop in.
The staff was very friendly, the atmosphere was combination of modern with history, the food tasted excellent.

Steak tartare with 5 types of mustard. Excellent tartare and what fun to taste the various mustard types. Nice presentation. Score 5*
I got: El nostre mar I muntanya - “Our sea and mountain”. Rabbit with foil gras, scallop and veal with a crayfish on top. Great combination with perfect quality in each flavour.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Last time I was in Girona this was the best restaurant we went to, 2 years later we come back and we were looking forward to a great experience. Walked in asked to wait as we didn't have a reservation, (doesn't look like any tables were reserved??). After 5 minutes we are given a table and wait a further 10 minutes for anyone to come and talk to us...
Food was good but service was at the limit of what you would call polite without being deliberately rude...

1  Thank Neil M
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

An excellent value and experience! The hotel and our tour guide both recommended this place and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent, the ambiance cool yet respectful of tradition. I would go back in a second for an amazing lunch at a great price.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

A truly original Tapas bar married to modernity, great food served in a relaxed style. I thoroughly enjoyed Foie with ice cream and popcorn, followed by steak tartar with six different mustards a unique dining experience, a must visit if you are in Girona.