“Great quality for a high class meal”
Review of L'Alqueria

L'Alqueria
Ranked #5 of 528 Restaurants in Girona
Price range: US$31 - US$49
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Girona you will find the restaurant l'Alqueria that specializes in valencian rice dishes
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Great food and excellent service and They began with a drink of black vermouth for everyone at the table. then they gave use a shooter of a sort of cold tomato and garlic soup that I know has a different name, but never the less was phenomenal wanted that for my appetizer after having it. However my mushroom and ham salad appetizer did not disappoint and I would order it again. Also very large portion sizes. The piglets were delicious as well, my first having them and I have now acquired a taste for them.
The pallea was the perfect texture. we got the mixed seafood and meat and it was delicious. The desserts were okay to skip over, but but they ended the meal with chocolate covered nuts. Wonderful

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We went there because its nices reviews in Tripadvisor but we were a bit disappointed. The Arròs a la Cassola is not the best that we have had tasted. Not bad

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Great service and cute restaurant. Food was pretty good. We ordered the vegetable and shrimp pockets with curry for appetizer but were not big fans. However, the rice and cuttlefish and shrimp was fantastic. Also, really enjoyed the bread and "gazpacho". Had the russian cake for dessert and liked it a lot! This is probably better to go with a large group because they only make one rice dish for two so we could not try many things. If you only want paella than I think it is probably a very good place. We just tend to enjoy trying more dishes and sharing.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We took a menu. Tortillas..guess it was made two days before. It was dry, cold and fresh from the microwave. I guess the second dish was some kind of paella. It was brown, looked like risotto gone wrong, bones from some kind of animal and langoustines cooked so hard they just fell apart when pealing them. It was just bad to the next level. It guess they new it was bad because we did not finished the plates. Even the red wine....who serves red wine cold? They just took the wine of the sangria and served it like red wine. Go figure...Never again.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has earned itself a reputation for its paellas. Friends who live in Girona recommended it, so we and they went to give it a try. It is a smart new place on 4 floors. The staff are very attentive, and friendly.
We decided to share. We had 3 starters, duck cannelloni, balls of battered cod and little squid. All were excellent.
We then shared a 2 portion lobster paella. My wife liked it. It was dark brown and rather salty but there was some lobster, albeit rather lost in the strong sauce.
We then shared a 2 portion 'Valencian'. There was rice but none of the crusty bits on my plate. There were beans, white and green. But where was the meat? I had a tiny bit or rib cage which I guess was rabbit, with nothing in the was yo meat, and another fragment of bone of indeterminate origen with no meat attached. Non of the others fared any better.
Bottle of cava, bottle of red.
170€
I've eaten at Pepitas in Valencia. It's paella is not great but you get some meat! I'm not clear what we were paying for.

2  Thank ArtisticAndrew