“Sent away ”
Review of Vim Restaurant - CLOSED

Vim Restaurant
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We were at the restaurant shortly after opening time 7pm and were in hope for a good meal. When we came in, we were sent away and it was said that we should come back later to eat. We came in right after they opened and were the first guest so maybe they were a bit unprepared. Happens.

We decided to go back to our airbnb apartement to rest and come back. At 8pm we were back. It was still empty but we still walked in. All the staff was sitting and eating and we were told to come back later which we did not. They already got a second chance and they did not use it. Nobody else was eating at that moment and I took it as a sign.

In general I would advise that if you do not see anybody else sitting there and eating you should move on to avoid being disappointed.

From the outside it does look nice but I can not judge the food since we were sent away twice....

1  Thank Minh D

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Pleasant restaurant that has a nice buzz about it in the evenings after 9pm.

The restaurant is clean has nice decor and isn't too big to lose the ambience. The staff serving us were very helpful and the food was tasty and varied with good portion sizes. Located 2 mins walk just over the river from the old town so central enough.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

...kinda like fondant potatoes. Beautifully cooked and great sauce. It was late and we were tires but I would go back just to order some more of these. My main was the 4 cheese tagliatelle which was a little bland (but my fault because it was what is said on the tin). But the spuds!!!!!!!

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Family evening. Set menu with wine and tasty tapas. Fresh and tasty. Nice evening with kids and local fare.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I had the prix fixe dinner menu for 24 euros which included starter, main, dessert, water, wine and coffee - or so I thought - because when I selected one of the six starters off the menu I was informed by the server that the dinner included a tapas sized portion of ALL six starters, each well prepared and beautifully served. My entrecote was a thick cut which was perfectly prepared and covered most of the plate. Service was a little on the leisurely side (perhaps because there was a large party in the basement private dining room), but that just gave me more time to enjoy the early summer evening on the sidewalk terrace in front of the restaurant.