“Leave the gun, take the Canelones”
Review of Mama #5

Mama #5
Ranked #6 of 394 Restaurants in Sitges
Price range: US$24 - US$49
Description: Mamá #5 is a place where you can come and enjoy a home cooked, hearty and healthy meal. The concept behind this is going home to mom's...The dishes were put together keeping in mind the backgrounds of the owners and their staff. So you will find influences of Lebanon, England, Peru and Catalunya. We also have quite a selection of gluten free, vegetarian & vegan options. So please come...let Mamá look after you!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Found heaven in Sitges at Mama #5. I'll get right to the food (we ate there 3 times in 4 days, so this might get long). The first day we shared two appetizers: the "Canelones de Espinacas y Brocoli" (Gluten free! They're wrapped in zuchinni)! Jim had a little meat pie, that I cannot remember the name of, but I can tell you my mouth is watering right now thinking about those 2 dishes. I'd go back to Sitges just for those. Seriously. And beautiful fresh bread that we were offered more of and happily accepted. We immediately booked for dinner the next night. We walked in at opening (7:30) and were the only 2 people in the place for almost our entire dinner; and we were treated like Royalty! Daryl was attentive and friendly; he brought us a sample of their delicious Pea & Mint soup, and a little dish of roasted American corn--just because. We shared the "Ceviche de Gamba y Mango"; and enjoyed every delectable limey bit. For dinner I had a big beautiful salad with figs and nuts and other good things; and can't remember what Jim had, but trust me, we loved it. Finished if off with their signature dessert; 3 little donut balls with raspberry and choc sauce. Perfect, not too sweet and an elegant treat; and an espresso martini, my new favorite cocktail. I couldn't leave Sitges without one more "fix"--I LOVE good food and good people--We had lunch. I chose from the 3 course lunch menu-a bowl of that beautiful Pea & Mint soup; Pumpkin & Brocoli Dhal & Caraway Bread; finished with Mango Cheesecake, and of course, my new favorite cocktail. Jim only had the mussels and bread, because he'd eaten too many of those little croissants you see everywhere; but he helped me with mine. When the bill came, Daryl told us he'd included Jim's beer in with my 3 course dinner. Sweet. We eat out a lot and never get "treated" like that. When we left the restaurant for the last time, I went to shake Daryl's hand; he said "this is how we do it in Europe--a kiss on each cheek". Thank you Daryl, and the rest of the team for making dining at Mama #5 a memorable and wonderful experience; and a definite highllight of my trip. Wishing you much success!

1  Thank RamonaJay

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ate here on our 2nd night in Sitges and what a great find it was. We were greeted by the front of house Daryl who was lovely and we were quickly served drinks and given menu’s. Lots of choice including good choice of vegetarian and everyone enjoyed their food. Nice surprise that our birthday girl got a cake. A lovely evening had by all. Would highly recommend you eat here if you can

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a very stressful journey due to snow in the UK, my husband and I arrived here slightly later than originally planned but it was absolutely no problem. I booked the table in advance via FaceBook messenger and they could not have been more helpful and accommodating so thank you! :-)

And what can I say, the food is INCREDIBLE!!! We shared 3 starters which were all delicious - we had the baba ganoush, courgette and manchego patties and the sea bass ceviche. And then my husband had the steak main and I had the salmon, all absolutely delicious!!! Probably the best meal we had all holiday and dare I say it, one of the best meals I've had in a long time.

The wine was also excellent and we had a wonderful g&t from the gin trolley. And not to forget the service - wonderful.

Amazing, thank you so much Mama #5 for making the first night of our holiday relaxing and delicious!

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Friendly service with the personal touch. Excellent food,cooked to perfection and served hot. Good wines on offer at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Had a really lovely birthday dinner at Mama's last night. Darryl went out of his way to rearrange the tables to fit us in despite being fully booked. Such a delicious, interesting menu - beautifully served as always, by the charming professional team at Mama's. Thank you so much for being so accommodating and patient with some complicated food allergy issues in our group and thank you for always making us all feel so welcome. See you again soon I'm sure. I cannot rate this restaurant and the team at Mama#5 highly enough. It's a must if you are a visitor to Sitges and a great frequent haunt if you are local.