“If only I had known it was going to be so bad...”

Sunway San Jorge Apartments in Sitges
Ranked #22 of 25 Speciality Lodging in Sitges
Reviewed 12 September 2016

We booked this place through a VERY large online travel agency. One would think they are informed about procedures, etc. Well, we had some surprises.
Arrival: After walking over to the apartment we were greeted by a sign saying that the checkin was to be made at their main location 25 minutes away by foot. We had no car! We called and they confirmed it was the way to do it and that we just had to go over if we wanted the keys.
We got there, they gave me a key and luckily for me and before we left, a friend told us that for his QUADRUPLE apartment they were also given only one key until they complained. Once they did, they were given an extra set of keys leaving 30€ as caution money. I did the same.
At check out we would have to go back to leave the key and get the money back.
Next nice surprise of the day: CHECK OUT WAS AT 10 AM the last day.
Well, let's start the holiday and go to our room.
We got there and the public areas were ok, we opened the door and... Where is the bed? Nowhere in the description of the room it was mentioned that we were going to sleep on a sofa bed. And still... it looked like we would have to.
The curtains between the living room-kitchen-bedroom and the garden were filthy (photo attached)
For some unknown reason the TV was not attached to the wall any longer.(photo attached)
When the sofa became a bed it was clear that the night was going to be a blast. One third of the mattress was up, one third down and one third levelled.
Woke up the following morning with great bug bites all over.
The pool was ok but it had no sun after 6 PM
And well, after such and incredible, memorable experience on the first day we decided to run away and simply went over to sleep at a friend's place.
I would obviously not recommend it to anyone.
If you can... go somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dacarrr

Reviewed 3 May 2016

We booked a studio for 1 night. When we got to the apartment, there was a note at the entrance saying we had to go to another location to do the check in, which was a 25 minute walk from the centre.

They hadn't informed us of this before or after booking, so we only found out when we got there. Disappointing as we had booked this studio because of its central location and ended up wasting more than 1 hour walking and queuing for the check in.

Besides that, the room was ok but much worse than it looked on the pictures. Also they said it had a garden view and it didn't. The blankets were full of dust, made me sneeze all night.

Only good thing was the little pool and garden.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Isabelmmp
Reviewed 20 August 2015

Upon arrival I got out of the cab (which drove off), only to find that the actual check in is 3km away (25min walk, with long legs). I called the reception (about 12:30pm) and they confirmed that I had to walk there to check in (With all my luggage). When I got to the check in desk (1pm), only to be told that check-in would not be possible before 4pm! (I could only leave my luggage). I had friends staying in town, where I could have left my luggage, so was pretty pissed off they did not just tell me about the check in time, when I called earlier.
In the evening I had to walk all the way back to the Hotel to check in....
The apartment was o.k. Has everything you need, but mine only had couch bed, no proper bed, which was comfy enough. They ask you to keep the app clean, but do not provide ANY cleaning materials, not even hand or shower soap.... It seems quite the waste if every guests buys a bottle of dish washing detergent (which was not even available in the nearest supermarket). Only small hand towels were provided, but upon calling reception I was given too bath towels the next day....
I noticed many people riding Sunway App bicycles. and there were many parked outside in the court yard. So I called to ask how I can get one. You have to go to reception (remember - a 3km walk away) and leave a EUR 60 deposit, pick up the bike somewhere, and when you do not want it anymore, drop off the bike, walk back to the Hotel and get your deposit back. It is great that one can get a free bike, but I really do not understand, why I was not asked at check-in, if I wanted a bike. My enthusiasm to walk all the way to the Hotel again (which is as far away from the town center as you can get, so you cannot really even combine it with any other errands), had been depleted. I decided to live without a bike. I also do not understand, why one cannot just leave the deposit, where one picks up the bike, which is around the corner from the app????

Anyway, else had a good stay. Safe provided, and I felt safe there, sleeping with open patio doors (2nd floor). There was NO cleaning service all week, once I was asked if i wanted a fresh hand towel/ bathmat.

Fortunately you can leave the keys a box, at the app complex, when checking out....

Wifi, near terrace door was decent, just one day I had to call, as there was no data transfer for 24 hrs, and supposedly they had to re-boot the system (which happened within a few hours).

Price was no rip off, but at about EUR 100 per night, not a super bargain either....

Room Tip: Try to get a 1st or 2nd floor app, so you can sleep with doors open
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank lexy_healer
Reviewed 2 June 2015

apartments very basic do not even have a kettle. Key pick is 2 miles away which we were not aware of and had to walk as we had no car. Hotel tried to give us a studio when we had paid for a one bedroom apartment. they said we did not need a one bedroom but eventually relented. Apartments very very noisy you can hear everything from all the apartments in the block. Pool is good but no sunbeds. The apartment is very local to shops, restaurants and the beach. You have to clean your own apartment and are only supplied with small hand towels so we had to use our beach towels.

Stayed: May 2015
2  Thank tracy c
Reviewed 27 August 2014

San Jorge Apts, Sitges look just semi- remodeled or in the process of so major comforts are lacking.
We originally had a different apt, closer to the beach but they gave us this 'upgrade' during checkin.
Beware! We were tired so just agreed hoping for an actual upgrade.
Turns out we were 5 blocks away from the beach instead of 2.
Wifi works only outside on the terraces, which all rooms have, but very weak reception.
Towels are really small, no bath towels but more like larger hand towels, no soap in b-rooms,
No A/C so you need to open sliding doors, screen door on main apt. entrance door, for a nice potential draft, is pointless since the door handle is in the way & does not allow it to be open. We got a few mosquito bites.
The apt has 1 old oddly functioning tv, no remote, in the living room/dining room. No lamps on side tables, only main lights, (6 small can lights) in all the rooms.
The bathrooms are small but no problems with hot water. There is no storage space and the sink is pedestal-type.
The kitchen is very small, for 1 person, not more. It includes all the basics needed including a packet with dish soap. 1 sponge and 3 dish driers.
There is a small pool but no loungers, no umbrellas, you have to have your own beach towel, at least, to sit on by the pool or small area of grass. The apt towel will not do.

The centre of Sitges, supermarket and beach are a 5-10 minute walk away. There is an area off the beach that comes alive late at night with restaurants and bars with loud dance music and full of the younger crowd and/or younger locals, abundance of groups of men or male couples, local and foreign.
This area is far enough so the apt is somewhat quiet. There were couples, families, a variety staying at the building of apts.
We were lucky to find a place for the price we paid because of peak season. It is crowded. Apt was just O.K. but uncomfortably hot at night.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family