“Go for it's traditional lamb offering and you won't be disappointed”
Review of Terete

Terete
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Haro
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I visited on a wet October Wednesday evening. Choosing to eat early, I occupied the second table. By the time I left, there were four tables occupied, naturally none by Spaniards before 10pm!
Service was welcoming and attentive, the grilled peppers starter hot and tasty, the leg of lamb (yes, a whole small one!) tender and gorgeous, and the home-made cheesecake delicious. I drank red Rioja by the glass, a 2011 Reservation, a perfect companion to the lamb.
Probably best for people who enjoy a large joint of lamb, beautifully prepared. I would happily dine here again.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This restaurant was recommended by a local - even though it is tourist driven, there were many locals there for lunch. My husband had cordero (roasted lamb) and I had a roasted chicken and we shared some incredible mushrooms (cetas, in season) and other nibbles. Even the house wine (a Rioja, of course) was great. Friendly staff and an excellent lunch.

1  Thank Cynthia C
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Whilst in Haro the Wine Capital of the Rioja region visited Terete and was super pleasantly surprised. Entrance just strange with guy and his legs of lamb on show. What’s going through your head is this a Restaurant or dodgy butchers. Their speciality is cooking said lamb in wood fired oven amazing taste and presentation brilliant. Suggestion time if there’s only two of you don’t know order a second mains we did not needed a chicken dry. Amazingly how quick this place went from empty to full, does that give you a hint. Only regret I was driving as could have ordered bottle of gorgeous Rioja and “wasted” the rest of the day. If in area definitely put on you to go list either for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here last night. Nice place but lacking atmosphere, no background music.
Waiter was really not very friendly or helpful. We were given a dry bread roll each with no plate, no butter, no oil nothing then when we got the bill they had the cheek to charge us 2euro each.
I had the lamb chops which came with fries and nothing else, it was nice but nothing special.
It was really expensive for what it was and with all the other lovely places to eat in this town, I wouldn't recommend u go here

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate here last Friday, we were trying to kill few hours on the way back to Bilbao Airport. We chose the restaurant as it was no.1 on TA and it was definitely worth it. We turned up without a reservation at around 2pm and they were happy to see us. The restaurant was quiet when we arrived but it filled up quickly over the next half hour. We had the menu of the day which was black pudding with red peppers, followed by a very large plate of vegetables then their signature dish of lamb from a wood oven, dessert plus coffee, a bottle of wine and water. Total price per person was €38.50. A good price for the quality of the food and restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2017