“No longer available”

BEST WESTERN Carlos V
Ranked #231 of 440 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 16 November 2016

This was a wonderful hotel in a great location. I had stayed on 2 previous occasions. However I was unable to find it on the regular search engines or the Best Western site, Eventually I contacted Best Western and was advised it was no longer part of their brand.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank sangr0wn

Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

My daughter and myself stayed here for 3 nights and couldn't believe our luck on finding such a gem of a place in Madrid! The location is perfect, you are in the heart of everything, 2 mins to your left and you were on Gran Via, a shoppers paradise and 2 mins to your right at Puerta de Sol. We had booked B&B and were surprised on our first morning that not only was there continental but a hot breakfast, definitely plenty to fill you up before a days sight seeing or shopping, also every morning we had a lovely friendly waiter who complimented my daughter on her Spanish. We were delighted to have the convenience of booking a private transfer to the airport, available from the hotel & can be booked a day before departure at a cost of 18 euros for two. I've told my husband we're going next and will definitely stay here I have already recommended it to friends, the only things is to ask for a room at the front...!!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2016

I booked with 7ideas Booking Agents and ended up sleeping in a double bed with my mate for the first night, all because there was no option for "Twin Room" on the choices
I thought I could sort this at the hotel .. but No I could not
Poor Agent, Great Trip

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with 7Ideas.com
1  Thank bigjaymoore
Reviewed 3 March 2016

This is a clean good hotel right in the centre so within walking distance to most of the attractions
I agree with all the good reviews. My only problem was having to share a double bed with my big ugly snoring mate on the first night .. Aghhhh
The booking site I went with never offered twin rooms only single or doubles
I've had that before yet never got to a hotel to find a double (normally singles you can split)
Anyway, the hotel sorted a twin for the following two nights
So good hotel but email them before if you need a twin
Enjoy

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

Very friendly and excellent customer service. Awesome breakfast buffet and reasonable price. Room always cleaned well. Furniture could use some upgrades and walls are thin. Loud guests from the hallway could be heard well in the room.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple