“Basic guesthouse located in the centre of Madrid”

Hostal Gran Via 63 Rooms
Ranked #123 of 285 Madrid B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a single traveller while I was sightseeing in Madrid. I opted for the cheapest room which has a single bed and sink and private bathroom 1m outside room. The room is very small (I barely had room for my large suitcase!) but I didn't mind as I was going to be out sightseeing all day so be aware of this.
There is free wifi in hostal and you can also avail of a continental breakfast for €3. However there are lots of restaurants in the area if you want to try somewhere else.
All the staff I encountered were friendly and informative particularly a lady called Pilar.
The only negative thing I would say is the room could do with a bit of TLC. The room is in need of a paint as there are lots of scuff marks but overall I was very happy with my stay and came back here twice. I felt very safe in the area as a young, female solo traveler and would go back due to the location and value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Eliza651

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I definitely LOVE this place! The service was perfect, the place is cozy, very CLEAN and beautiful. I stayed in a single room with private bathroom and it was very comfortable. The location is EXCELLENT! The employees are very nice and gave me tips and suggestions for entertainment and dining. I will be staying at this hostal again!

Room Tip: Single room private bathroom is perfect for a solo trip.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Maria T
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This great hostal has an excellent location, 2 min. from the metro station and very central!
It is very clean and comfortable.Most importantly, the staff is super nice and super helpful! We didn't get our suitcase on the night we flew in and, despite the language barrier, the staff was very sympathetic, helping us communicate with the airline and giving us good tips. The only thing that wasn't great was the noise we heard coming from the street during the very early morning hours. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for non-smoking rooms as this is not an obvious choice in Europe.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LeechyCat
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed for 3 nights recently. Rooms are on the 5th floor and upwards. Can get noisey if you have a room facing gran via as no double glazing. Room had two single beds and quite small with a tiny bathroom. Very well located for the metro, most of the sights and lots of restaurants.

Staff friendly and speak good english. Cleaning to a high standard and towels changed every other day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank llamacalmer
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Located right in gran via, close to everything. Less than 1 block away from Plaza de España (you can get the metro there to the airport 10 to nuevos ministerios, get off and go to the 8 to the airport. Takes about 35-40 minutes). Also close to plaza del sol. Walking distance to everything. Good restaurants around the hostal as well.
Rooms are very clean. We got a double (2 twins) with private bathroom but also had the opportunity to see other rooms and I highly recommended. AC/heater, TV and small hair dryer in every room. They have a doble with jacuzzi if you are want a little romance. Look at the pictures they are real! The people at front desk were very nice. Angel it's funny and very helpful. Pilar and the other girls that I don't remember their names are also very very nice.

• Stayed: February 2013