All reviewsstreet noise at nightgreat locationwalking distancehostalshostselevatorreceptionmetrogran
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Excellent value for money, and so central. I booked a single room and got a twin with a little balcony, and very spacious, room was sparse but very clean and the bathroom was spotless. I made use of the coffee machine in the reception and had it with a croissant or cake for breakfast.

Location is excellent right on Sol and less than 5 min to Plaza Sant Ana, true the streets below were very noisy and busy, I woke on my first night at 5am ( a Saturday ) and there was still partying going on, I did use earplugs and after that I slept ok. I had two sets of balcony doors

The staff very helpful and friendly and staff kept the place very clean, renovations were going on in the stairway, but there is a lift.

Great tip : Museo del Jamon below, great for lunch and a beer, around 2.50 euros.

I would certainly stay here again and got a good deal with Booking.com for 40 euro a night. No complaints at all ( apart from the Saturday noise )

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jessybobs
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Nice little place to stay. Very central just of Sol. I walked to all the major attractions. I booked a single and had a double bed in a small room with attached shower room - lots of hot water. Decor not flashy or particularly modern but this is one of the cleanest places i have ever stayed and it was cleaned everyday. Reception is staffed 24 hours and the door is kept locked so secure. On second floor with lift and stairs. Coffee machine in reception and cold drinks for sale. It is in an area with bars and restaurants on every corner so there is some noise from the street. However, with the double glazing i didn't lose any sleep. Good budget choice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kate B
Reviewed 30 May 2012

It's 1:44 am and I'm still awake since there's a club on the ground floor of the hostal with a great party happening. They should provide earplugs for sleeping along with the soap and the shampoo! It's Wednesday and the party seems to be going and according to the front desk there's nothing they can do. Much better places for this price in Madrid, keep looking!

Room Tip: Dont let them give you the ones that are on the left corner from the reception: 214, 215, 216
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I decided to bunk in an individual room during my europe backpacking after staying in hostels. I thought I'd do with some privacy this time.

The hostel is located 2 streets away from Sol station. Upon entering the premise, you have to go through a flight of rickety stair case which looks pretty creepy.

The staff is helpful though although a lady staff could not speak in English to me but she really tried her best to explain stuff to me. The rest of the counter staff is proficient in English.

The room is pretty disappointing for the price I paid although all the basics are there. It seems that everything is quite old. There is no breakfast provided and I basically used the room to sleep. On hindsight i could have saved more money if I were to stay in a hostel which would provide about the same quality of room.

Anyway I'm pretty ok as I got the privacy I wanted and the staff are pretty much helpful and nice.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We had a great time, the location is the best you can get and the price is reasonable. Pedro, Rosa and their staff are experienced and friendly. This is our second stay with them we will go back!
Metro station is one block away!

Room Tip: when making your reservation provide your request they will do their best to accommodate.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family