“Amazing meal, great seafood”
Review of Il Tari

Il Tari
Ranked #32 of 112 Restaurants in Amalfi
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: situati nel contro storico di Amalfi, a 80 metri dal Duomo, verso la Valle dei Mulini e la Valle delle Ferriere. Possiamo ospitare 60 Persone in due salette comunicanti . Cucina mediterranea con prodotti scelti . Buona selezione di vini Campani.
Reviewed 1 October 2017

My husband and I loved this restaurant so much we came back twice! It was a restaurant that did seafood dishes and Italian classic pasta dishes equally well, and we really liked the ambiance. They claimed a lot of people made reservations to go, but they slated us in both times no problem. Service is a little hectic like most restaurants in Italy, but not so much that it detracted from the experience. The first night, we shared the mixed seafood platter in tomato sauce and the spaghetti bolognese; both were great, but the seafood was particularly fresh and well-cooked. I loved the dish so much I got it the second time too. That time, my husband had the lasagna, which he thought was excellent. Great wine selection as well!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We decided to dine here out of recommendation by our host . We got here early around 6 and lucky we did the place started filling up just as we sat down . Bruschetta was delicious and you can't go wrong at 3 euro a serve , I had the spaghetti with the clams ( 12 euro ) and it was amazing the clams so fresh and sauce delicious ! my partner had the arrabiatta ( 8 euro ) and we ordered a half bottle of Sam Marco Rosso ( 6 euro ) we both loved our meals and the staff were friendly highly recommended this place !

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Mediocre experience and wouldn't return. Pretty unfriendly service (might have been better if we were Italian - at least that is the vibe I got). Nothing special about the food, although recommended by our host as great restaurant and good value. Not bad value, but ho-hum dishes.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely restaurant located on the main shopping street up from Amalfi Square.

The ambiance is excellent and it was very popular.

The menu is extensive with lots of Gluten Free options. The food was excellent some of the best we have eaten in Italy.

Marked 4 star only because the staff are, whilst reasonably efficient, not very friendly.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

This place was my favorite destination in Amalfi. My husband had the lasagna which he enjoyed and I had the lemon cream ravioli which was to die for! The lemon cake topped it off after a nice bottle of Ravello wine -a regional favorite!