“Family holiday celebrating a 50th Birthday”
Review of Hotel Aurora

Hotel Aurora
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Reviewed 26 October 2017

This hotel is in a quiet location at the end of the promenade. Restaurants, Amalfi town centre and all amenities are easily reached on foot.The first beach side restaurant is only 100 metres away. There is a small beach in front of the hotel and several more until the main beach is reached.
The hotel i believe was built in the mid 1960`s,is pretty and has character, the rooms are all different and ours was very spacious, with a side balcony, bright bathroom with rain shower. Our room had a walk in wardrobe. Was immaculately clean, as was the reception area and public areas.
Breakfast is taken on the sea facing terraces,in a nicely part shaded setting. Where shrubs and flowers abound. It is mainly a continental breakfast with ham,cheese, bacon, scrambled egg,cake, bread, and fresh fruit.
We were a party of eight celebrating a 50th birthday, and the staff here were amazing.
Before we even arrived Andre was arranging transfers from the airport giving us weather reports and organising rooms.He can also recommend very good restaurants
where it is possible to get a small discount. Advise on and book excursions.The rest of the staff here were very helpful and cheerful. Special thanks also to Andrew for helping us to make our time here special.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 20, It was side view, we could see the ocean and hear the waves breaking in the morni...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve W
AuroraAmalfi, Direttore at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Dear Steve W
Thank you for kindly taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Aurora Hotel . We are so pleased that all our staff helped to create a special experience for you and your family and we will certainly be sharing your positive feedback with them. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon for what we hope will be another perfect visit.

With my best regards

Reviewed 24 October 2017

My husband and I just got back a few days ago from a dream vacation in the Amalfi Coast. We stayed at Hotel Aurora and loved it.We especially loved it's excellent location. Hotel Aurora is within a short walking distance to restaurants, the port ,as well as the main piazza with tons of shops and restaurants.The concierge was great and gave us a lot of information on things to do and even scheduled us a tour of Pompeii. They can help scheduling things around Amalfi and the neighboring towns. They served us breakfast everyday and it was delicious along with a beautiful ocean view. Overall, Hotel Aurora is a cute , quaint , and affordable place to stay. We fell in love with the Amalfi Coast and will definitely be staying at Hotel Aurora next time we visit.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mariselle P
AuroraAmalfi, Direttore at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Mariselle P
Thank you for this great review of your stay with us and for awarding us 5 stars!!!!! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and am especially pleased that it was our team that helped to make your stay excellent. Thank you for your helpful feedback and for recommending us. I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back.
Best Regards

DAniela Carrano

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Incredible view across the harbour. Excellent service from honest, reliable and friendly staff. I have been going to Amalfi for 7 years and will now always use Aurora hotel. It is very good value for money. Amazing holiday at the best hotel in the area.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adrian B
AuroraAmalfi, Direttore at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Adrian B
Thank you for this fantastic review of your stay and for your kind feedback about our team. I am pleased to hear that you would choose to stay again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Best Regards

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I gave this place a 3 because I felt taken when I booked the room on booking.com. It said that I would have a direct water front room looking over the water on the top floor. here are their words from their ad (This room is on the top floor and has a large terrace overlooking the bay) I thought that would be great. Instead I got a floor down and a side view of the bay. When I asked the staff down stairs I was told well they all have views which was not what I paid for ??? I paid for the top floor and a direct view -what they said in their description period - not a side view on a lower floor. As I was there the room wasn't used on the top floor. Our room was located next to the hotel staff's break room and all they did was smoke which was horrible for our room location.

With that said, I will say it's a great location. the beds are a little hard but very clean rooms. the staff was helpful and nice and we did like the place. As mentioned, put me in the room I paid for, not the room you want to give away. That frosted me about the stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ggak

Dear ggak
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback following your stay with us at Hotel Aurora. The Aurora has 28 rooms each and every one is individually decorated and the lay-out the space of each room the view from the terrace may vary in some cases but we will always try to find the most comfortable room according to each guest's needs and preferences whatever possible.
We sincerely hope the remainder of your trip to Amalfi was enjoyable.
Best regards

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The Aurora is on the beach, so a little quieter than hotels in the central piazza, but it was still a short (flat) walk into the center of Amalfi. It has pretty public rooms with lovely sea views. We were in a room at the back, facing a wall (we knew we would have no view when we booked, so this was ok), but we enjoyed breakfast at the terrace facing the town and the sea. My only complaint is that the room's walls were thin, so we could hear our neighbors too clearly.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FioTravels

Dear Fio Travels
Thank you so very much for your lovely comments; it is always so rewarding to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Aurora in the very near future.
With my kindest regards