All reviews junior suite the main street breakfast room is beautiful luggage service hot tub painted ceiling amalfi coast parking garage sitting area roof terrace the bus spa bath piazza duomo highly recommend this hotel few steps centre of town mini bar
Reviewed 25 July 2018

I stayed here 3 nights with my boyfriend. The location of the hotel is perfect as it is walking distance from the port and right in the main area of the city. The two women who ran the hotel were beyond friendly! The only issue I had with this hotel is that our air conditioning broke 5 times during our 3 night stay. The first night my boyfriend and I woke up at 3am sweating. We tried to call the front desk and walked out to it but there was no one there. In the morning we spoke to one of the woman who got right onto fixing the issue. She told us if it happens again theres a number to call. Unfortunately it happened again the following night which we noticed when we arrived back to our room at 10pm. There was a man at the front desk who was not very friendly at all. He had to reset a switch (which was done twice already). I asked the man if we could switch rooms and he said we could not. It seemed to fix the problem short-term but we were up at 3 am again sweating. The woman the next day had the technician come in but the air broke a few more times during our stay. Like I said, everything else about this place was amazing, the breakfast was phenomenal and the hotel was extremely clean and kept well but the air conditioning is a big thing for me especially during the summer.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
FloridianaHotel, Proprietario at Floridiana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Dear guest,
I'm really sorry for the inconvenient, I understand it isn't confortable but unforunatelly it can happen that thecnical issues get broken even in summer when the air conditioning is more used, we did our best to solve it as soon as possible but we had to change a piece that arrived only the day after.
Agnese

Reviewed 24 July 2018

We stayed at Hotel Floridiana for 3 nights, and really can't fault it in any way! Perfect location, tucked away off the main street but spitting distance from the Piazza Duomo. Not the biggest room, but it had everything we needed (including a very comfortable bed), and was spotlessly clean. Staff were all very friendly and helpful, and breakfast was a really good spread. The garage was a few minutes' walk away, and quite tight to get in and out of, but no real problem. All in all, highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed to stay in this hotel. Excellent service and hardworking staff. My highest compliments to owners, Eva and all staff. We had very difficult flight to get to Amalfi. Flight was cancelled and instead flying from Lviv to Naples we should fly Lviv, Istanbul, Rome, train to Naples, Amalfi... we have got recommendations from hotel staff how to get to Amalfi. They have been so involved to help us!
Now about hotel. Very god location and just few steps to ferry, bus station and all restaurants. Rooms are extremely clean and we had excellent breakfast! I highly recommend this hotel and all my thanks to all staff!

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We stayed at this hotel for 2 days, we could have stayed there a month. Great hotel, great staff, great breakfast, great location! The hotel is a short walk from either the bus or ferry terminals. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Amalfi!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018

The Hotel Floridiana is somewhat tucked away in the middle of the historic district of Amalfi, sharing the building with another hotel and businesses. You will not have a room with a view here but the Floridiana more than made up for this in other ways and although we were there only three nights, we were glad that we had picked the Floridiana in hindsight for a number of reasons.

First, while it is somewhat buried in the town it is in the center of the historic district which means that you are near everything (not that Amalfi is that big to begin with, mind you). But still, a minute walk to the cathedral, and main plaza, two minutes to the pier, two minutes to the paper museum, etc. Amalfi is quite touristy so there are many, many cafés, bars, and restaurants scattered about, all within a couple of minutes walk from the hotel. The Floridiana, along with several other Amalfi hotels offers complimentary walking tours of both Amalfi as well as Ravello which are well worth the time.

Second, the accomodations themselves were very nice. We had room 103, a spacious room with a loft that had a small coffee table and an en-suite jacuzzi tub!! The Floridiana also shares the roof with the other hotels in the building but there is a nice space up there to sit and enjoy the sunshine and get a view down towards the marina. The hotel offers complimentary breakfast which was incredible! Great Italian Roast coffee and an offering of both hot, cold, and sweet buffet items. If you are driving into Amalfi, the Floridiana does offer complimentary parking just a few hundred meters up the road in a nearby parking garage.

Lastly, the people were welcoming, friendly, and full of advice for us. They were also very responsive ahead of our stay; both sending detailed instructions on getting in and out of the historic district and in responding to email questions that I had. While we tried to speak as much Italian as we could, there was never any problem with English either.

Some practical tips…

If you are coming from the U.S. be sure to bring European travel adapter for the outlets. It’s possible the hotel has some available but since we brought our own we didn’t have to ask. The plugs are all the old-style European model that cannot accept U.S. plugs.

If you are driving in for your stay, be ready for a crazy drive from the coast road up into the ZTL to the parking garage. Crazy in the sense that it will be chock-full of tourists and there is a stretch about half-way up that is narrow enough that they have it controlled by a traffic light which might be hard to see, especially on the drive up from the coast road as there is a lot of visual noise. The hotel is good about sending you the allowed times for traffic in the ZTL (no traffic allowed when schools are starting or ending, for example).

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple