All reviews private beach outdoor shower amalfi coast via capo amazing views large terrace minute walk to town hotel restaurant corner room junior suite the cliff pastries overlooking the bay breakfast was included reception area breakfast room view from the balcony
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed in room 14 that included a balcony with exceptional views of the sea, Mount Vesuvius, and Sorrento. Also includes a terrace with table and chairs, loungers and hammock. Room was very clean, and bathroom had a Jacuzzi tub. Towels were big and soft and the bed was comfortable. Gorgeous tile throughout. Some other reviews say the hotel is outdated, but that's what I found charming. Hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. They packed us a breakfast to go because we needed to leave extra early, and they also arranged a cab to take us to the train station. Breakfast is served in the dining room with gorgeous panaramic views of the sea. Breakfast included a variety of freshly cut fruit, yogurts, toast,eat and cheeses, danishes, fruit juices and more. In addition, you can order eggs any style. The only thing I thought was not good was the beach. I was mortified to find an old plastic razer blade, broken glass, and other pieces of garbage here and there. Whether this washed up onto the shore or not, I would never allow people to use it in that condition. That is the only reason why I gave this place 4 stars and not 5. Walk to downtown is only 15 min. I would stay here again but wouldn't use the beach.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
latonnarella, Proprietario at La Tonnarella, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

We are sorry for the inconvenience to the beach,
but our beach closes in September,
we give the possibility only to our guests to go and see it after closing.

We hope to see you soon.

Regards

Cristina

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel blew us away and was by far the most amazing room with a view that we had on our three week holiday. The suite had a two sided terrace with amazing bathroom and jacuzzi tub. The staff was more than helpful upon our arrival with making a dinner reservation very close to the hotel after our long drive that day.

The wait staff were so kind and alert to our needs.

Book this hotel with confidence. Free parking was included.

It’s located on Via Capo on the east end of town so walking or catching a taxi into town for late night fun will be needed. But if you’re looking for quiet beauty, this is your place
To reserve.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2018

This hotel is situated on the cliffs but benefits from a private shingle beach, accessible via a lift down to a small cove. The accommodation is fairly traditional and the deluxe sea view rooms have fairly large terraces furnished with a table and four chairs, sun beds, parasol and have exceptional views across the bay of Naples. I would recommend these rooms if staying here as other than the beach area the hotel has no other sunbathing areas. Nightlife was about a 20 minute walk away with nothing local. The room was clean, well maintained and housekeeping was excellent.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I wanted to love this hotel. I really did. It’s got so much going for it. It has authentic Italian decor and charm, limited but nice staff, a private beach and impeccable views. That being said - it needs major remodeling, modernization and a very deep, deep cleaning. It’s also too far up on the hillside away from the main town in Sorrento. This can be nice because this hotel is secluded - yet the location is challenging because getting up and down the hill to the adorable town was scary for me. I didn’t walk down the hill because it’s a narrow road where cars barely fit. I was not going to add myself to that mix and limited space. I can go on and on but mostly my rating is based on cleanliness. Especially in a place like sorrento that can be so warm - you want to feel like everything is clean, including clean sheets, towels and bathroom. I did not feel that and my sheets were not clean, so I wanted to leave immediately. As a disclaimer, I am pretty extreme when it comes to cleanliness so perhaps you will love this place and all that it has to offer.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank mariagar111
Reviewed 29 July 2018

The rooms might be a bit dated but you'll forget all about that the moment you look out of your window/terrace and see the magnificent view over the coast and Vesuvius in the distance.
Going for a swim at the (tiny) private beach was a delight! Perhaps because I went later in the day and it was almost deserted, but I imagine (judging by the number of sunbeds) that it could get quite crowded during the day.
Although the hotel's 'traditional' look adds to its charm, the rooms themselves could use an update and the path to the beach could be a bit more inviting. It also seems to be a shame that the hotel restaurant is only open for lunch, given the setting of the hotel and its location (a little bit out of the actual town) it would be nice if guests can haven dinner there.

Room Tip: Any room with a sea view
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple