“More than a cooking school”

Mami Camilla Cooking School
Reviewed 29 November 2014

I visited Mami Camillla's with a group of friends while staying in Piano Di Sorrento. We didn't attend the cooking school, we were just looking for a local place to eat and came upon Mami Camilla. We thought it was strange when one of our party asked to see a menu and we were told that there was no menu, only what the chef was cooking that day. In spite of this we decided to stay and try the dish of the day. Now after reading the reviews I understand that we were eating what the chef and his class cooked that day. Irregardless, I had the best zucchini pasta that I have ever ate. Our group ended up eating at Mami Camilla's on two occasions. Both times Chef Biagio came out and spoke with us and answered our questions about the area. On both visits we were served a large salad and had a choice of a couple of main dishes. Everyone in our group was pleased with the meals and Chef Biagio's company.

6  Thank DonaldJJJ

Reviewed 12 October 2014

I have cooked with Chef Biagio on 5 separate visits to Mami Camilla. Every time I go, I learn so much. The atmosphere is wonderful. You actually cook with the chef. It is totally hands-on. You eat the meal you've prepared. Highly recommend it!

3  Thank kbyoga
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I had reserved 4 nights in the b&b and when my 4 years old arrived they had closed down! They offered to stay in the cooking school, but I got a bad impression of both the hotel, the small room that was the school and the big fat chef... when I refused to stay there they forced me to pay 50% of the whole stay... afterwards I've seen that the condition said 30% cancellation fee. All in all a BAD EXPERIENCE.....

5  Thank marisnne
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I went to Italy as my dream trip. It was my top thing to do on my bucket list for years. I visited multiple cities but we were looking to really get to know every single town that we stayed in. Looking on the web for a place to stay to be able to go to Capri and Positano, we came across beautiful Sorrento. As we were doing a 15 day trip thru Paris and Italy we decided to look for hostels instead of hotels so that we had a better budget to spend on meals and of course...wine.
I made the reservation at Mami Camilla without even knowing it was a cooking school. Cooking has always been my passion and is my hobby. Once the trip date were getting closer we started searching on what to do on each town and that's were we find out we were staying at a cooking school. I emailed Mami Camilla and Laura explained to me the different classes that they had. A few days before arriving I spoke again to Laura and told her that since I was arriving by train that day to Naples I didn't know if I was going to be able to make it on time for class. She graciously told us that if we didn't make it that day there was still room for the next day.

Oh my God, that class is amazing!! Once we arrived and checked in to our room, that I have to say, for a hostel was a huge room, we headed to our class. From learning how to do pasta from scratch and an egg free recipe for my friend who's allergic to eggs, to help cooking the entire meal for the hostels restaurant that day, I have to say that this was definitely the highlight of the trip. We made some good friends that still today we have contact with from Australia, and different parts of the US. At the end of the class they give you a recipe book that I have to say has made me look so good when hosting parties!!!! I love every recipe.

They also were so good by taking care of all of our tours and recommending where and when to go to the nearby towns. With a one day trip to beautiful Capri and romantic Amalfi Coast with a private chauffer/tour guide, I have to say I wish we would've stayed there longer. Between the meals that are so fresh and well prepared, the service as they make you feel right at home, and the beauty of Sorrento, this is definetily one place that I would recommend hands down. If your looking for awesome food, that feel like home place, Mami Camilla is the place to stay. This family knows how to treat the visit and how to make you just want to return even before leaving.

PS my actual trip date was June 2013.

1  Thank APT1023
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We wanted a more authentic taste of Italy, and didn't get disappointing. After spending 5 days at Amalfi coast and Capri, we checked in with Mami Camilla cooking school. We got to know people from different parts of the world, got to meet the family and enjoyed cooking and trying. It was a lot of fun, and since we came back we used the recipes we got many times - brings great memories! We actually rented a room and stayed there during our visit to Sorrento. Location is great - not in the middle of town, but walking distance anywhere.