Villa Pane
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Grand Hotel la Pace(Sant'Agnello)
Villa Oriana Relais(Sorrento)
Villaggio Verde(Sorrento)
  • Pool
Hotel Cristina(Sant'Agnello)
Hotel Central(Sorrento)
Sirocco Suites(Sant'Agnello)
View Hotel
Grand Hotel Due Golfi(Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi)
View Hotel
All reviewsanna mariacooking schoolshuttle busravioliauthentic italian experienceown gardensea viewstayed longersorrento areathird floorhostshillbaytowncaprialleyway
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Villa Pane is a haven of peace and tranquility in the hills above Sorrento, somewhere to relax after a long hot day visiting the many busy tourist spots in the area.
Anna is a charming lady and a fantastic cook. Luigi, her son, is very patient and polite.Anna runs the kitchen, Luigi oversees the bills and the shuttle bus.
Villa Pane is a delightful accommodation with true Italian style. The 'swimming pool area/solarium is sited in a small lemon grove, quite rustic,very private. The swimming pools steps are precarious to say the least! Our room was comfortable and very clean. Bed linen changed almost daily! Excellent service! The shuttle bus is a major plus. I strongly recommend not to attempt to drive to Villa Pane yourself, if you do and arrive unscathed it would be a miracle! I very much enjoyed my stay there, however, I would suggest you ask for the costs of the meals in advance to avoid any embarrassment.Luigi organised our airport transfer to Villa Pane which was very efficient however at 90 euros quite expensive. I booked our return transfer with a similar Mercedes for 70 euros.
The shuttle bus timetable is very good and whilst I understand the afternoon break and 10.30 p.m curfew, at times this can prove quite restrictive.

Room Tip: Wifi not good indoors. No lift, however, luggage is taken care of.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed 10 July 2016

Overlooking buzzing Sorrento bay this villa was a true retreat. We booked a room with a balcony with a sea view, which was a perfect place to wind down at the end of a busy day. The room was clean and had a authentic Italian feel and very good shower. The host Anna Maria was very friendly and also a great cook. We had our dinner there three times including delicious roast beef and grilled squid. Also fun experience tasting home made pasta cooked by a group of cooking class students! The villa is situated on the hill so I recommend to use the shuttle run by Luigi to go up to the villa although you have to be a bit patient with a little inconvenience at the delay in the beggining. But this is a part of enjoyable unique experience staying in this villa. I think it is better to contact them via e-mail before the travel about the arrangement of the pick up shuttle to the villa. I also recommend to walk down the hill by foot through beautiful narrow back streets, which seems to have a lot of routes and takes about 25min but you eventually find yourself in the centre of Sorrento! Great fun. Another treat was Guido, a gorgeous lovely retriever dog who is always pleased to see you. If you are looking for truly authentic Italian family experience this villa is the one. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linocoot
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Villa Pane, was a great experience, We stayed four nights, arrived by car and proceeded to walk to the Villa, NOT recommended...Call for the shuttle!! Once we were greeted at the top in a charming hillside oasis, it only got better from there. It's a sweet place to use as a base to the whole area (Sorrento, Almafi, Positano, etc). We rented rented scooters for the days we were there, and bounced around from this central location.

We did enjoy each and every breakfast, and yes the Jams are really that good!!! Rooms are very clean and well maintained...We opted to have one dinner there, and we're taken aback by the Owners cooking...Some of the best food I have eaten...treat yourself, you'll thank me..I wish them all the best, Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2016

My daughters and I stayed at Villa Pane for 3 nights. Anna Maria and Gian Luigi did all they could to make our stay memorable. They arranged for pick-up at the airport, and we arrived around 8 p.m. to the Villa. They accomodated us for dinner even though we had not made arrangements and the food at breakfast and dinner were fantastic each day. The views are beautiful, the room was large,air conditioned, comfortable, and had a spa-like bath. They shuttled us back and forth from town every day and had many great suggestions on what to see and do. Our highlight was a cooking lesson from Anna Maria. For 5 hours, we made 3 different kinds of pasta, including ravioli and gnochi. We also made sauce, meatballs, 3 different kinds of meat and out of the world lemon cake. When the lesson was over, we sat with Anna Maria and shared a wonderful meal and gave us a copy of the recipes. I highly recommend staying here. ( I do want to mention that the road leading to the villa was steep and very narrow. I think it would be hard to maneuver if you took your own car but I think they would be happy to meet you and have you follow them up.)

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view. Beautiful balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2016

This location was extremely difficult to find -- it's not on GPS -- and it took a long conversation to find our way to the piazza at the bottom of the road leading to Villa Pane. The little road to the B&B is so narrow that one of the owners scratched our car mirror on the wall when he was driving our car -- don't even attempt it. Our room was fine, though the extra price for the "sea view" wasn't worth it -- overlooking electrical wires with the sea in the distance. There are a couple of restaurants in the area and the family provides a shuttle every two hours into and from Sorrento, which requires some planning and does not allow for a spontaneous walk around town. We had dinner at the B&B one night and it was so bad that the proprietor even apologized - though charged us 30+ Euros each. We were offered lemoncello at the end of the meal and were shocked to see that we were charged 6 Euros each, on top of the overly priced food. (The 6 E was deleted when we complained upon checking out.). There is an open air dining room as you enter the B&B with beverages available for purchase. However if someone is smoking on the terrace the smoke will waft up into your room. Portable pool and "garden" were rather run down.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second level have an open balcony in front. The third floor, "sea-view" rooms have about a foot-wide "balcony."
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple