See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 April 2016

I've been to the "Giardino segreto" (literally means secret garden) for Easter. It was an amazing experience! From the welcome to the goodbye everything was definitely perfect. The position is strategic, close to the main train station, far enough from the chaos of the city center, still very close to the main attractions of the city. I could walk easily to every place I wanted to see. The rooms are all big and bright (I asked the owner to show me some other rooms for a next trip), and what matters they were overly clean! The breakfast was abundant and various. I enjoyed every bite, especially because in front of me I had that fantastic view! The secret garden!!!you'd never expect something like this in the center of a city. Plus, the b&b is actually located in front of the botanical garden which is awesome! So I felt like the spring was blooming around me! Anna and Mario, the owners, have been so friendly and helpful with me. They're both very fluent in English and we had interesting conversations about Neapolitan culture! I learned a lot. That was not only a holiday but a life experience. The best place to go inside the city and the culture. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

When our taxi dropped us at 11pm outside an apparently bare wall, we wondered what we'd let ourselves in for. But once we'd found the intercom, we were soon let in by a very welcoming host. In the corridor there is a balloon suspended from the ceiling with teddy bears in the basket, and in our room we had a virgin and child next to a Beryl Cook. So it's not conventional, and it's not chic, but we're delighted that we chose this unique b and b. Anna and her husband are chatty, helpful and friendly, and breakfast in the garden among the lemons and the wisteria is a delight. The home made jams and marmalades are to die for! And it's only 10 minutes walk from the Duomo and the archeological museum. Highly recommended... and unconventional!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2015

We were very well welcomed. The staff did his best to give us advice and help us during our stay.
The room was nice, very quiet and clean.
But the main attraction remains this big and luxurious garden hidden behind the building, where you can have your breakfast and rest whenever you want, relaxed by a purring cat.
Very good address, quite unexpected in this dense and hectic city.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vincent F
Reviewed 31 August 2015

The secret garden is truly as its name suggests. A secret oasis in the middle of the city. My room was lovely and Anna has an incredible eye for detail in the decorating. The whole place is artistic and welcoming. I slept really well in my room off the garden and Janaka was friendly and super helpful with everything i needed to know. i would love to come back again soon but Australia is so far! thanks again

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2015

It's a very special hotel, the hosts Mario and Anna, are super kind, they make you feel at home,and they give you a lot of advices about Napoli. The room is very spacious, beautiful and quiet and the garden where you can eat the breakfast it's incredible!!! So paceful in the middle of Napoli!!! We spent wonderful days in Il Giardino Segreto!!!

Stayed: September 2014