1,352 results
All reviews piazza garibaldi train station arriving by train convenient location executive room base for exploring five nights visit pompeii excellent location mount vesuvius comfortable hotel ham amalfi coast hotel is situated nice breakfast stayed here for one night breakfast was included
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel & good buffet breakfast. Very convenient - across the street from the train station which is why we chose it. We were there to tour to Pompeii.

Downtown streets have some of the worst homeless camps *on the downtown sidewalks!* I've ever seen and their garbage was strewn widely. It was shocking & concerning. Taxi driver told us not to go out at night as the area is unsafe. Naples appeared dirty everywhere we were, no civic pride. We won't return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerSHS, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Starhotels Terminus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to tell your experience. We hope that in a near future you will find a better environment around our hotel.

You always will be welcome in our Hotel.
Best Regards,
Paola Castiglia - Revenue Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel was just average. The location was perfect because it was right outside of the Napoli Centrale train station. Other than this, our stay was whatever. The breakfast is fine and the air conditioning sucks. We had the AC at 10 degrees and we were still sweating at night. General note about Naples: don't go. There's nothing to see or do, and there are much better cities in Italy.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to tell your experience.
We hope to not disappoint your expectations during your next stay.

Paola Castiglia - Revenue Manager

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in this hotel. The location was ideal, right next to the station and metro which meant that exploring Naples and the surrounding area was easy. Also it was only a short walk to the old part of town which had lots of great places to eat. The rooms were nice and spacious with all the facilities expected of a 4 star hotel. The included breakfast was a buffet style and very convenient and tasty. However the major issues with the hotel were the noise and the wifi. Our room was located right next to the main round that passes the train station which was constantly busy. This meant that the road noise traveled into the room causing a bad nights sleep. The balcony door we had was broken and not fixed in the time during our stay despite letting the front desk know on our first night. Maybe this was the issue that let all the noise in, but the same could be said for interior walls which meant you could hear a everything going on outside your room and in the rooms next door. The wifi for 2017 was rubbish! With most cafes and even trains having wifi for free, having to pay for a better wifi level at a 4 star hotel to me is unacceptable, this should surely be included for customers.
Despite these flaws overall the hotel was good but in order to improve better sound insulation is needed along with free fast wifi for customers.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Sincerely, Paola Castiglia - Revenue Manager

Reviewed 11 August 2017

This hotel was great, overall we loved the hotel, breakfast, and location... but the front desk staff completely ruined our experience for us. Let me start with the positives.

Positives

- Great location - a sketchy area but right by the central station which is great for day trips and very close to metro to explore Naples

- Great and spacious rooms

- Excellent breakfast and wait staff was so kind.

Negatives

- Gym's air conditioning was down. Given Italy is experiencing a severe heat wave it was extremely uncomfortable. I complained to the front desk and nothing was done about it and I was basically told I had to suffer through it.

- Wifi was really poor, it would clunk in and out. As a digital entrepreneur this was a massive inconvenience. Again, I complained to the front desk about it...nothing was done. We were basically told there was nothing they could do - I told them I had to work and there was zero sympathy or resolution.

- Overall negative was the front desk staff. They were extremely unhelpful and being new to Italy, it was important there was staff we could rely on. Overall, every issue we went to them with was met with an "Oh well, we can't help", which was really disheartening. The final straw was during check out with a lady by the name of Marianna (I think that was her name). She was without doubt, the rudest front desk agent I have ever encountered on my travels. Some background - without consent upon check-in, the hotel pre-charges you for city tax using the card you used through the booking site (no card was asked for upon checking in). So they used my debit card and the amount was withdrawn. At check out, they ask you to pay the city tax again. I was trying to explain to her that my card was debited already (as it was a debit card and not a credit card), and she mentioned that it was just a hold. I let her know it was a debit card and the money was actually withdrawn and she told me to take it up with my bank... All I was asking for was clarity as to why my debit card would be charged twice and I was met with screaming and complete ignorance. She would not listen to a thing I had to say and was just the rudest person ever. We had to catch a train so I couldn't escalate, but I definitely will be. Because of this awful service, it completely left a bad taste in our mouthes. I've since called my bank and they said given it was a debit card the hotel will need to reimburse me. It's a massive mix up that I will need to sort out, but it could have been handled so much smoother had we dealt with a kind and decent human being. Very disappointed in the service here. I'll never be staying here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tameika G

Best Regards, Paola Castiglia

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We arrived early (around 11.00am on 9 August. There were two female receptionists on duty. One of them acted as though speaking to guests was beneath her and we found her attitude rude. We left our cases, planning to check in later. The bell boy was extremely pleasant. Later we found the staff very pleasant and helpful - just the one staff member was problematic. She really needs training in customer service. If it helps the management, she was not on duty when we returned in the early evening - the nicer of the two was still on duty.

The room was reasonably sized, with a comfortable bed, a decent bathroom and quiet air-conditioning. Unfortunately, the people in the neighbouring room were noisy and the sound travelled through the walls and adjoining door. After we asked them to tone down the noise, things improved.

The benefit of the hotel is that it is right next to the station. This is also its downside, because station areas tend to be sleazy. Piazza Garibaldi is not a nice area and I would certainly not recommend the area to solo female travellers. That said, for easy arrival and departure, it could not be closer to the station. (And to be frank, Naples is not a great city for any solo female traveller.)

The night manager was very helpful in getting us a fixed rate taxi to the airport. I would recommend this over getting a cab on the rank (and you don't want to be wandering around Piazza Garibaldi in search of a cab at 3.45 a.m.) The night manager said that the fixed fare would be 18 Euros. The taxi driver immediately claimed that the fare would be 25 Euros. He didn't get his 25 Euros - beware that, as in so many big cities, taxi drivers are chancers who will do their best to increase their fares.

Room Tip: Right side of the hotel as you face it, away from the Piazza and station.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David_Cotton

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and took notice of your precious suggestions in order to better our service. Hope to see you again very soon. Sincerely, Paola Castiglia - Revenue Manager