Hotel Il Convento
US$101
US$128
US$121
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Leopardi Napoli(Naples)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$364
US$327
  • Pool
1,026 results
All reviewsspanish quarterchurch bellsvia toledojunior suiteprivate terracesmall hotelstreet noisewalking distancetop floorcharming hotelmain sitesreal naplesevery morningsmall liftquartieri spagnolimini barpastries
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for an authentic Naples experience, this may be the place for you. This is a family run hotel— and that’s exactly how they treat you. Also, it is located in an alleyway of Naples, but only two short streets from Via Toledo , the pedestrian shopping area. Though the alleyways are narrow, safety was never an issue. Great restaurants are 3-5 minute walks. Be sure to ask for recommendations

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I did have my doubts about staying in the thick of the Spanish Quarter in Naples as having seen a bit of it on a previous trip, I suspected it might be noisy and rather iffy after dark for a woman sola. On arriving at the hotel and finding I'd lost my phone -- likely in the taxi that delivered me to Il Convento from the train station -- I was really bummed.

But the warm greeting by Flavia at reception -- and prolonged efforts by she and gentlemen on at night to track down my lost mobile -- reminded me why I'd liked Naples so much after my first visit a few years earlier: there are so many terrific people there who are not yet numbed by too many tourists as so many Italian cities and towns are.

I was also enchanted by my room, one of two on the top floor and with its own small terrace. No views because it was walled in but plant-filled and private. Bed was very comfortable, furnishings quaint and adequate and a surprisingly roomy and well-equipped bathroom. Every amenity provided, down to the small bowl of ear-plugs, which I didn't, in fact, need as the street noise largely ended by midnight and except for some nearby church bells at 7 a.m. surprisingly quiet in the morning. Breakfast was usual continental mix of sweet breads, yogurt, meat and cheese but adequate. One nit was rather shaky internet but who wants to stay online when Naples beckons? I'll definitely return again and again. Grazie to all at Hotel Il Convento!

Room Tip: Top floor room with small private terrace was perfect for one. Would be cozy for two but that's a small, older European hotel for you.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank SolaGo
Reviewed 30 December 2017

This is the place to stay in Naples. Luca had great advice on where to eat and Nelo helped us with transportation. Lots of options for breakfast. Reasonable prices for exceptional service. The Spanish Quarter gets a bad rep but anyone with basic street smarts will be fine.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vani A
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for three nights.
It has a good location for the main sites. You have to take the Metro to get there from the train station.
The Room was clean but very small and a bit noisy because of the street.
The Internet connection was slow and inconsistent. We could never connect.
Breakfast was very nice with a lot of choices.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.
I enjoyed the small bag of pastries they gave us upon our departure. I thought it was nice touch!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bertmal77
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely small hotel which delivers comfort, advice and friendliness. Some commonly repeated characterisations of Naples, and in particular the Spanish Quarter, as disorderly and unsafe are completely incorrect. This city is a wonderful place and when I return I know where I will be staying. I want to thank all of you who made me so welcome.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo