“Lunch after Vatican tour”

La Soffitta Renovatio
Ranked #752 of 13,337 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$12 - US$58
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Prati
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Thank you for the ice and for letting sit with my leg up after a Vatican slide. My daughter and I came in search of gluten free pizza and pasta. The gluten free pizza here was very good and hard to distinguish from the real pizza pie. The gnocchi was delicious, hot with a good tomato sauce. Relaxing place for families to grab a bite in Rome. Someone was having a birthday party near us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,716)

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We came in search of a gluten free restaurant near Vatican. Not only did they have every pasta and pizza in gluten free, but we were also happy to find out that the fried baby octopus and zucchini gluten free as well, which is something you never see in the states.
My spaghetti tasted a little strange but the fried baby octopus was amazing.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

After the joys of our guided tour around the Vatican we googled GF restaurants in the area and this we thought was worth a try as my wife had so far not enjoyed any of her meals that were advertised as “Gluten Free”. Let’s face it anywhere can knock up a salad!
We were blown away by this place, the atmosphere, excellent & quick waiter service from Washim and the friendliness and fun from all the staff.
So, with my wife enjoying the margarita/funghi GF pizza & desert recommended by Washim we were all kept happy!
Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I loved this place! Just before leaving for holiday in Rome, I found out that I was gluten sensitive. Given that Italy is so known for their delicious pizzas and pasta I was worried how I would survive this city trip on a gluten free diet. However I was pleasantly surprised to see that Rome has some pretty nice options. This place offers all the pizzas and pastas from the menu also gluten free for 1 euro supplement and it is delicious! Plus staff was very friendly! Would definitively come back!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Everything we had was really good, except the meat main dishes that were wickedly salty. We were starving, so we ate them anyway, but keep this in mind - perhaps they would make things less salty if asked.
Our server suggested GF focaccia, which was really just a plain GF olive-oil-brushed pizza crust, but it was pretty yummy. The millefeuille for dessert was yummy and I'd never had that dessert made GF - bravo!
The atmosphere is lovely, the servers are super-friendly. Watch the prices - our bill added up to more than we expected and we're no strangers to fine foods and higher-priced dining.