“Great lunch near the Catacombs of St. Callixtus - Authentic Roman food”

Trattoria Priscilla
Ranked #3,275 of 13,057 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2015

My wife and I happened on to this restaurant while walking to the catacombs. It is not an elegant restaurant, it is a small family run operation. The décor is simple but It was air conditioned, which made it very comfortable on a hot day. The only staff was a waiter and the chef. The service was prompt and courteous. The menu is limited but authentic Roman food. We chose the chicken with arugala and rigatoni alla amatriciana. The chicken dish was one of the best we have had. Very simple but flavorful. The rigatoni was cooked perfectly and the sauce was mildly spicy and delicious. The bread was nice and crusty. We had two bottles of sparkling mineral water and skipped dessert because our time was limited. The bill came to $26 euros. We wished we could have eaten here again.

Reviewed 24 February 2015

We are regular customers at this small, family run trattoria. Nestled against the ancient mausoleum of Priscilla, it was a way station before becoming a trattoria in the mid 1800's. It is simple, small (less that 50 seats) and serves delicious "slow food." Priscilla's was "slow food" before the concept became popular. My favourite pasta is with wild boar, but the Cacio Pepe pasta is also so delicious. I usually order roast veal as my secondo. (Note: I had my 60th birthday party here! Everyone had a great time with great food.)

There is no sign. It is across the street from the church "Quo Vadis."

Reviewed 30 November 2014

Its a very old building and its was nicely converted into a restaurant!! We lunched here after visiting the catacombs and it was a good choice!! Pastas are freshly cooked and generous portions compared with others!! reasonable priced and the best Tiramisu i had for a very long time!! I surely recommend eveyone to Stop here!!

Reviewed 29 September 2014

I really love this Trattoria and have eaten here many times. This venue itself is very quaint. And a great stop off before exploring the historic Appian Way it's situated on. The Church directly across the road is where Apostle Paul was belived to have seen Jesus and returned to Rome where he would be murdered.
The food is very roman and the menu can change depending on seaonal ingredients. One of my favourite dishes is the Wild Boar pasta with fettuccine. Give this a try and you won't be dissaponted.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I grabbed lunch here before our visit to the nearby Gladiator School, and I have to say that the potatoes that came with my veal entree were the best potatoes I've ever had in my entire life. And I have had a LOT of potatoes all over the world. Seriously, though, I can't stop thinking about these. I don't even have words. My mind just blanks at the thought of how immensely delicious they were. I'd eat these every day for the rest of my life if I could. If you're considering visiting, DO IT, and don't forget to order something that comes with potatoes! :)