“location and everything else you need”
Review of Palazzo Olivia

Palazzo Olivia
Ranked #63 of 1,169 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 11 October 2012

My husband and I travel to Rome in September
We loved this place,is everything you need and location is amazing you can walk everywhere from here
im very picky about hotels and i can say maybe is not 5 stars but you are in ROME and i cant even imagine stay in American hotel do as the locals do :)
Apartment building has its own charm and you have everything in there you need
We did not use our kitchen bc we want to enjoy locals food and coffee so forget about cooking and walk 2 min for excellent sub and cup of coffee :)

Dont listen to ppl who said is not safe just be smart about it keep your purse close to yourself and wont have anything happen to you
we were coming back to our apartment at 2-3 am and felt safe so dont worry have fun with Rome
Safe $$$ bc shopping never disappoint you :)Amazing designers and quality stuff in those little butiks

Eat at the places with NO american menu Trust me :) After your Italy Trip you will never eat Italian food in US

Jennifer is excellent and she will help you with anything you need just be aware they have limited hours there so dont expect room service
You will love Rome i cant wait to see other parts of Italy next year

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2012

This place really exceeded our expectations. The apartments were fully booked so we stayed in a double room. Our room was lovely, spacious with high ceilings, a big comfy bed, a big bathroom with a good shower pressure and all very clean. It was a little loud on the evening the football was on but we just shut our window and put the air con on. On check in we were provided with a detailed map and given a restaurant recommendation which lived up to its reputation.
I will definitely return to Rome and when I do, I won’t even consider looking elsewhere as this place was perfect.
The location was spot on for us; Campo de Fiori is great for food & bars, we were a short walk from the Pantheon and Piazza Navona, 15mins from the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain, about a 20-30min walk from the Colosseum and 20-30mins from the Vatican.
I would recommend getting a bus tour if only for the fact that we saw buildings and sites we wouldn’t have had we not got the bus. I would recommend going to the Vatican around 11am-midday and booking your tickets in advance. We didn’t feel we needed a guide. We did the Vatican one day and then saw lots of sites on the bus, on the next day we went to the Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain then the Colosseum.
Recommendations…
Lunch: Forno Campo de Fiori (grabbed a slice of romana style pizza, perfect about for lunch, 1.5 euro each)
Ice Cream: Il Gelato di San Crispino, or GROM
Dinner:
Trattoria Polese (recommended by our hotel, really great food and wine, good atmosphere and crowd)
La Tavernetta 48 (lovely staff, great food, good prices)
Drinking: google the Guardians “10 best bars in Rome” some good recommendations

This was an incredible holiday. Make sure you have comfy walking shoes and I resorted to wearing chunky heals/flats in the evening as the cobbled streets make it tricky to walk in slim heels! (you will see a lot of girls buckling in the evening!) .

Room Tip: I emailed them to ensure I had a double bed and not 2 singles which they accomodated.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HJfoodie
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We stayed in pallazo during a family vacation. The apartment was clean with the all facilities even laundering and ironing. Each s room has its own spacious bathrooms allowing privacy. The location could not be better –walking distance to all Rome attractions. The staff friendly and efficient. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We recently stayed at Palazzo Olivier on a our to Rome,the hotel is very clean,rooms are big enought,wifi connection is fast,and above all the staff are very friendly.
The location is Perfect,it is in the middle of everything,we went walking to everywhere.
I would recommend the hotel to all my friends :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandyzozo
Reviewed 26 July 2012

An old palazzo renovated as a B&B. I got a nice big room with a wardrobe! The bathroom was also big enough. One thing I didn't check when booking my room that because of the structure of the building my room didn't have a window. But I've also stayed in tiny rooms with no use of the window because it is opening (if opening at all) to the small back yard with trash barrels - so it didn't matter at all.

Palazzo Olivia's location is perfect, Piazza Navona in the next block - and my absolutely favourite place in Roma, Campo de' Fiori, in two blocks away, walking distance from the Vatican, to the other way Pantheon, Spanish stairs and Fontana di Trevi.

In the rooms you find tea and instant coffee with water boiling can. TV was a bit tricky to use but when managed to open it, you can watch for example good movies with George Clooney or Cameron Diaz. All dubbed with Italian voices, naturally :).

There is also a small room for cooking. The reception is not always open so arrange your arrival and leave via e-mail before arriving. I would strongly recommend this place to stay for a short trips!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo