3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$600
Expedia.comUS$602
Hotels.comUS$602
Orbitz.comUS$602
eDreamsUS$600
TravelocityUS$602
All reviews the general manager jk place outstanding hotel small luxury spanish steps spent nights quiet street early check heart of rome spacious rooms location was perfect would definitely stay here again trevi fountain giorgia closet roma bellman
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Every year, my wife and I visit Rome for at least two weeks, this year has been no exception. For the first time we decided to stay at the newly opened (Feb 2018 I believe), Hotel Vilon. This is a discretely located hotel, close to Via Condotti with easy access to the surrounding area. What a great discovery... The hotel is impeccable with fabulous interior design, amazing service and thoughtful provision of amenities and services. All service aspects are great, food, beverage, housekeeping, concierge and Bell Service. The staff are well groomed and professional and anxious to provide an exemplary service standard. THANK YOU

On arrival you could easily miss the hotel due to its humble entrance, but once inside it is incredible. The Reception area, Bar and restaurant area are all well designed and staff are very attentive, providing a high quality personal service.

Guest rooms are very well laid out, we enjoyed a room with a balcony overlooking a historic private garden. The bathrooms are very modern and light, with high quality amenities. Thankfully the shower was excellent, which I find is not always the case in Italy. The bed and pillows were the most comfortable we have enjoyed in Italy and everything is placed where you want it to be. There is one switch for light on and off, air-conditioning is great. Some very welcome touches and modern but comfortable furnishings.

We believe this to be the most pleasant hotel experience we have had in Rome.

Room tip: Ask for a room with Balcony
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tasty22
Giorgia T, Direttore generale at Hotel Vilon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2019

Dear AHP9477,
A heartfelt thank you for your wondeful words and the special kindness toward the Vilòn and its magic team. I will be delighted to share your comments with all of them, as I am sure they will be thrilled to acknowledge that their work and efforts have been noticed and appreciated by a very special guest like you!
Grazie mille for such a detailed review! It is beautiful to know that we could contribute to make even more pleasant and unforgettable your stay in Rome. The whole team and I are working hard to provide the best service and products. Your words and satisfaction are the best reward to us.
We hope we will son have the chance to welcoming you back to the universe Vilòn and to the bellissima città di Roma!

Reviewed 15 September 2018

My husband and I spent two days at Hotel Vilon at the tail end of our Honeymoon trip to Italy. The Hotel is beautifully styled with extremely attentive, helpful and kind staff. The room itself was gorgeous, bright and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable. Hotel Vilon is located within short walking distance to many attractions but was also on a more quiet street which made it feel like a peaceful oasis in the middle of the city. The staff went to great lengths to make our stay special and left us thoughtful notes and treats to celebrate our Honeymoon. It was truly a perfect experience and we could not have asked for a better end to our trip. Would highly recommend the hotel! We will be back!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear DT201821,
thank you so much for your beautiful review. I do appreciate the time you have taken and I am delighted to know that you have appreciated the overall feeling of your stay with us and in beautiful Rome for such a special occasion as your Honeymoon!
Among other things, I want to thank you for mentioning the Hotel staff and its service, which I have personally shared your comments with.
Thank you again for your wonderful feedback. Myself and the whole team are looking forward to welcoming you back soon, what do you think to come back for your Anniversary?!

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

So we were transferred from the hotel we reserved at for one night only to hotel Vilon and that was an amazing night. The greeting of the staff was amazing. The suite we stayed at is modern and huge. Their outdoor patio is so refreshing. The room keys were actual keys so it was different than your usual keys. The interior design of the place is extravagant and luxurious.

They had a vast selection on their breakfast menu and when I asked for something that wasn’t on the menu they actually did it which I was totally impressed. All in all this one night played a major role since I actually will come back and stay at it. I would just recommend that they have signs to the hotel since some taxis didn’t recognize it.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank MAR-Q8
GiorgiaTozzi, Direttore generale at Hotel Vilon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear MAR-Q8, this is what I call a "lucky strike" : )
So happy to read we have had this great opportunity and that destiny surprised you in such a pleasant way. It brought you to the Vilòn door and makes you discover our hidden universe. Che bello! Thank you very much for your review and for the kind words. We will be happy to welcome you back to the property. Next time you'll be able to stay longer and enjoy at the very best the city. Thank you also for the recommendation. As we've just opened ( March 2018 ) many taxi drivers still do not know were we are located. Hopefully by the time you'll come back, they will all know. Arrivederci a presto!

Reviewed 4 August 2018

The Hotel Vilon is a small boutique hotel in a laneway close to the river. As such it is close to the most of the main attractions to see in Rome. It is in walking distance from the high end shopping streets.
This hotel is exceptional. Quiet, luxurious, intimate and has wonderful staff!
The breakfast buffet is excellent.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank 250KevinW
GiorgiaTozzi, Direttore generale at Hotel Vilon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Kevin W,
grazie mille for well describing the many benefits that the Vilòn offers, and for your words and special kindness toward the Vilòn and its magic team. I will share your comments with them as they are always thrilled to acknowledge that their work and efforts have been highlighted on a review, so much appreciated by our guests. Good to know that you could also indulge over breakfast time and taste the many delicious products that come out fresh every morning from our kitchen. Breakfast time at the Vilòn is one of my favorite time too!
We are surely looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

A beautifully curated vintage art collection, and the warm and charming people welcomed us to this peaceful delightful hotel. Kind and generous to our exhausted rag-tag teens, and perfectly lovely for us, we didn’t want to leave. Each space is thoughtfully designed and unique. Extra touches like huge coffee table books, boutique mini bar, and lovely soft feel bedding were appreciated. Thankyou for all your efforts and considerations, what an oasis.

Date of stay: July 2018
3  Thank RobynB1717

Dear Robyn B,
why leaving ? You should have stayed a little longer ! Thank you for taking the time to write about your pleasant experience at the Vilòn.
I appreciate it very much and I am also pleased to read you liked the space, the design and the touches we have added to the different environments. We are doing it with the intention of satisfying at the very best our precious guests and every day we try to add something more, always special, always different. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and the whole family again to your private oasis in Rome! Come back soon.