“Brilliant”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Description: On the romantic corner of Via di Ripetta, at the heart of the Eternal City, Ad Hoc restaurant in Rome is the ideal place to enjoy pleasant moments of relaxation complemented by the traditional tastes and ancient aromas of Roman and Mediterranean cuisine. An intimate dining destination for all seasons, you can expect a warm greeting at Ad Hoc restaurant in Rome before taking your seat to enjoy high quality cuisine, skilfully prepared with the freshest fish, meat and seasonal game. Truffle all the year with a dedicated menu. Chef Marco Casentini insists on taking no shortcuts with the quality of his ingredients, and the chef's passion for the light cuisine he prepares makes him confident that each dish is worth the wait. Ad Hoc restaurant is also proud of its wine cellar. Compiled from continuous and careful research into the best labels, the wine list showcases 800 wines .
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Went for a birthday treat last night. I had the seafood trio to start, my wife had the land trio for herself. Octopus and salted cod were standout. As the restaurant specialises in truffles we chose vermicelli with bacon & truffle as well as the beef fillet ravioli with truffle for our pasta courses. The taste of the truffles were so good. We both opted for the suckling pig as a main course which simply fell apart it was so tender. All washed down with a nice bottle of wine for €170 (before tip). Best meal of our break. A nice touch was that they turned the lights out, brought me a birthday cake and sang as well! My wife booked this several months ago as a surprise and they remembered. Would highly recommend if you want a top end meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,349)

Reviewed 23 January 2018

I've been to this restaurant twice now on two separate trips to Rome and both experiences were delightful. The food is delicious and interesting while not being too crazy or out there. Just solid food. And the truffle options are always great. It has become one of the always go to restaurants every time I go to Rome. Do not pass it up!

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

We visited here for my boyfriend's birthday on 15th January and were not disappointed. I'm so glad I booked here for the special occasion. The food and service were fantastic! We both had a tasting menu, my partner chose it with the wine pairing. The food was incredible and the staff seemed very passionate and had good knowledge of the wine and food being served. I Would highly recommend this restaurant, it was our best meal in Rome. They sang Happy Birthday to my boyfriend and the little gift of Olive Oil at the end was a lovely touch!
Thank you for a great evening!

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

We love this place. Friendly, great food, and good wine. Sound like something you might like.? We had the Spaghetti Carbonara and my friends the ravioli. Both excellent. We all had a different dessert and they were all good.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

We booked for the Roma tasting Menu and were delighted with all the different foods which presented an amazing taste of Italy. Choices of breads and olive oil and wine with each course.

1  Thank Raniee100