“Best gelato in Rome”

Old Bridge Gelateria
Ranked #42 of 853 Dessert in Rome
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: MORE THAN 30 YEARS OF ARTISANAL GELATO WITH AUTHENTIC TASTE Old Bridge Gelateria was started over 30 years ago in the heart of Rome, nearby the Vatican, by Gianni and Antonello, the artisans who, with passion and hard work, produce since the beginning the hand-made gelato that every day gathers thousands of people from all around the world.
Reviewed 15 April 2018

We grabbed gelato from a lot of different places throughout our trip to Italy, and this was one of the best we had in the whole country and definitely the best in Rome. Both the chocolate and fruit flavors were outstanding. Absolutely come here when you're visiting the Vatican!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,962)

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We visited on the recommendation of my sister on a 22 Degrees sunny day, there was a small queue of around five minutes but boy was it worth it. As suggested in previous reviews each cone / tub can have three flavours and I have Fruits of the Forest, Berries & Mango. All were full of flavour and went down a treat. Well priced compared to others around the Spanish Steps for example and is a lovely suggestion round the side of the Vatican. There is also a big square a few hundred feet away to sit and enjoy your fresh Gelato

Reviewed 8 April 2018

the queue extends a full block down the road, but it's worth the wait; I enjoyed the triple-taste flavours, and each cone can have three of those, for up to 9 tastes!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

What more can I say? This was the best gelato on our trip and we ate gelato from Rome down to the Amalfi Coast and back again. You can't beat the price, flavors or service. I had the strawberry, mixed fruit and amarena(cherry). The amarena was incredible! The server was very patient unlike some other places where they don't give samples and then roll their eyes when you're trying to decide. Maybe it's the divine effect of the Vatican across the street but you can't go wrong at this heavenly place! If I knew then I would have gelato on my way into the Vatican and my way out. Too bad we didn't find this gem until our last day in Italy.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

One of the best gelatos I've had in Rome very close to the Vatican Museums. I love that you can choose up to three flavours regardless of the size of the cup or cone you choose.

Queues can get long after lunch but it's definitely worth it.

Been to Old Bridge Gelateria? Share your experiences!